Email account no longer accessible

Email setup and troubleshooting
BrentEaston

Email account no longer accessible

Post by BrentEaston » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:03 pm

My primary email account on my service is b.easton@exemail.com.au. My email client can no longer connect to that account, it is saying the password is incorrect. I logged into exetel user services and changed the password to a new password and updated my email client. This did not work, authentication is still failing. The same issue is happening if I try and log into webmail.exetel.com.au, the new password is not being accepted. The email account appears to be locked. Other email accounts I have set up are not affected and still usable, but this is my work email address and I need access back asap. Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Email account no longer accessible

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:10 pm

BrentEaston wrote:My primary email account on my service is b.easton@exemail.com.au. My email client can no longer connect to that account, it is saying the password is incorrect. I logged into exetel user services and changed the password to a new password and updated my email client. This did not work, authentication is still failing. The same issue is happening if I try and log into webmail.exetel.com.au, the new password is not being accepted. The email account appears to be locked. Other email accounts I have set up are not affected and still usable, but this is my work email address and I need access back asap. Thanks.
Email account has been unblocked and I have updated you through the same email ticket 12496265.

midgleyps

Post by midgleyps » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:21 pm

My wife uses account joey3668@exemail.com.au which has recently become inaccessible.
No matter how she is accessing it Mobile, tablet or PC it keeps asking for password.
I tried changing password through MyExetel but we still can't access it.
By any chance has it been blocked.

Cheers

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Post by IsuruB » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:26 pm

midgleyps wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:21 pm
My wife uses account joey3668@exemail.com.au which has recently become inaccessible.
No matter how she is accessing it Mobile, tablet or PC it keeps asking for password.
I tried changing password through MyExetel but we still can't access it.
By any chance has it been blocked.

Cheers
The email account joey3668@exemail.com.au has been blocked due to detected spam activity. We have emailed instructions to your primary email account with the security measures that need to be taken (reference number 13615383). Kindly confirm once these have been followed so that we can proceed with unblocking the email account.