EMAIL ISSUES OUTLOOK 2020

Email setup and troubleshooting
rafferty010464

EMAIL ISSUES OUTLOOK 2020

Post by rafferty010464 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi all of a sudden my email has stopped working I have deleted the account then tried to add it again but it doesn't work I am desperate as I need it for work please help what are the correct email settings for exetel NSW ?

DinukaW
Exetel Staff

Re: EMAIL ISSUES OUTLOOK 2020

Post by DinukaW » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi Rick,

Thank you for raising this email issue to us and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Could you please check if your email service is working on the exetel webmail ? https://webmail.exetel.com.au/

Click the link below to check email client settings you need to have for Exemail service to work.
https://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php ... tup_Guides

Thank you.

TomKenmore

Post by TomKenmore » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:19 pm

I'm having similar issues. A few days ago I noticed my email client (Windows Mail) was flagging issues with my exemail account. So I checked today.

I am unable to:
  • access the account from my email client
  • access the account using webmail.exetel.com.au
  • send email to that account from any otherwise working email account
I rarely used this email account so this isn't a big issue for me, but I thought I'd post this in case it helps resolve the problems for anyone else.

Kaja Pavalanathan
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaja Pavalanathan » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 am

TomKenmore wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:19 pm
I'm having similar issues. A few days ago I noticed my email client (Windows Mail) was flagging issues with my exemail account. So I checked today.

I am unable to:
  • access the account from my email client
  • access the account using webmail.exetel.com.au
  • send email to that account from any otherwise working email account
I rarely used this email account so this isn't a big issue for me, but I thought I'd post this in case it helps resolve the problems for anyone else.
Hi

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. Kindly PM me your customer ID or the service number to check this issue.

Thanks

uabv2

Post by uabv2 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Support have just told me that there is an issue with the latest version of outlook and exemail. No fix available at this stage.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:02 am

uabv2 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:54 pm
Support have just told me that there is an issue with the latest version of outlook and exemail. No fix available at this stage.

Hi

I cannot find any notes or any refarance that we have advised the customers that there is an issue with No ETR for exemail and outlook. Our hosting team managed to provide a solution for all the emaill addresses that reported us the service issue. Can you please PM me your customer ID or the service number to check on your service issue. Or kindly let us know a referance number for the conversation you had with the support engineers.

Thanks

hbadger

Post by hbadger » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:02 am

I am having the same issue. In the past two days I have had two of my 7 exemail accounts return 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA errors when trying to send out email. Those accounts would not receive new emails either. I managed to get one working by simply repairing the account however my primary email account cannot be reset or reestablished. I have removed the account and attempted to reinstall it using exetel's required setting but get the issues shown in the attached image. I have created new exemail accounts and I can add those accounts to outlook without error, however, regardless of what settings I try I am unable to reestablish my primary account using those exact same settings. Webmail works fine.
Attachments
Settings as per instructions.gif
Settings as per instructions.gif (216.58 KiB) Viewed 98 times

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:31 am

It isn't a problem with the mail server, it's a problem with Microsoft. Outlook is putting the commands to the server in the wrong order, and an error return results.

(The computer to server mail conversation is in plain text, and was designed in the days of terminals, not windowed graphic systems - I showed someone recently in the forum how to use it to read errors).

Until it's fixed, try another client, or use webmail, or see if any of the several online fix suggestions work (most I have seen relate to encrypted email connections).

hbadger

Post by hbadger » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:09 am

I will try some of the online solutions, but not entirely sure what the error is I should be searching for? can you recommend.

It does seem odd that I can get all of my other exetel emails accounts setup in the existing Outlook application, even new exemail accounts but my primary account cannot be set up on the existing outlook application or on a clean version of outlook on a completely different computer?

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm

hbadger wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:09 am
I will try some of the online solutions, but not entirely sure what the error is I should be searching for? can you recommend.

It does seem odd that I can get all of my other exetel emails accounts setup in the existing Outlook application, even new exemail accounts but my primary account cannot be set up on the existing outlook application or on a clean version of outlook on a completely different computer?
Hi

Can you kindly PM me your customer ID or the service number.

Thanks

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:42 pm

The search could be for "Outlook error RCPT". You'll get plenty of answers.

I described the process used in communicating with the server in a DOS prompt box in a post at
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=45932&start=15

You can see the use of RCPT TO and DATA commands there. This is what happens quietly underneath Outlook or any other graphic client on any operating system.

The online fix suggestions I have seen, from a variety of ISPs, mainly overseas, is that the Outlook error can be cured for the time being by using either POP commands first, ie, check for an incoming message before sending, or else set up authentication to the SMTP server with the password. I don't know why either should work, but it is being spread about. Presumably Outlook then sends commands in the correct order.

I don't have a new Outlook at hand so can't test either, but it's worth trying. If it gets you out of strife, please tell us.

The Exewiki shows how to set up authentication to the SMTP server at https://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php ... tup_Guides