The first thing to check is that your ADSL service is connected to the internet.
- The best thing to do is to see if you are able to browse to http://webmail.exetel.com.au
Check the username and password for the service in webmail.
- Dont forget that the username is the full email address eg. email@example.com
Try to send an email to yourself.
- In webmail compose an email and send it to yourself. Then wait a minute and check the inbox again. If you email is there then the service is working.
Check the settings in your email client.
- Make sure you have the correct username and password.
- Make sure you do not have SSL turned on for incoming or outgoing.
- Make sure that you do not have authentication is required for outgoing.
- Make sure the POP3 server is pop3.[state].exemail.com.au eg if you where in NSW then it would be pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
- Make sure that the smtp server is smtp.[state].exemail.com.au eg if you lived in NSW then it would be smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au
Note - If you are not connected to an Exetel ADSL service then you will be able to download your emails but not send using the exemail smtp server, this is a security policy that is on the outgoing mail server. if you are not connected to an Exetel ADSL service please use the ISP's outgoing mail server that you are connected to or use webmail.
Email setup and troubleshooting
1 post • Page 1 of 1