Cannot Change Password or Create a New Account

Email setup and troubleshooting
alanr

Cannot Change Password or Create a New Account

Post by alanr » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:19 am

For a few days now I have not been able to login to my email account. I changed the password through Members Facilities a number of times - I get the message that the password has changed, but still can't login afterwards.

I also tried to add a new email address but after filling in the email address and password fields and hitting create, the fields just blank out and my account still only shows that I have 1 email address.

I raised a ticket a few days ago but so far I have only had the instructions on how to change my password sent to me despite me trying to explain that I have followed the instructions and still have no success. Getting v. frustrated with this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Alan

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Re: Cannot Change Password or Create a New Account

Post by Himantha » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:12 am

Alan,

I have had a look at your account and it seems your e-mail address temporary blocked due to webmail spamming; I have responded to helpdesk ticket with the steps to remove the temporary block.

alanr

Post by alanr » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have replied to your email.

What I have been trying to say for some days now is that I am unable to change my email password. When I log into Members Facilities and change the password associated with my email address I receive the message that the password has been changed, however when I then try to log into the server either via my email client, webmail, or even telnet, I get an authentication error.

If you would like to PM me I can send you my log on details and you can try yourself.

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Post by Himantha » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Maybe I have not clearly explained you. :)

• Your e-mail address is temporary restricted due to webmail spamming.
• In order to unblock the e-mail address we would like you to do 2 things.
• Change the e-mail password into a strong one via Members facilities area. (This doesn’t mean that you will be able to log into the mail server – because access is still restricted)
• Completing a virus scan on your PC’s

Since you have done all of these, I have escalate to our system admin’s to unblock your e-mail account from the temporary restricted.

alanr

Post by alanr » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Thank you.

Should I be able to create a new email address? I have 1 out of a possible 80.

Himantha
Exetel Staff

Post by Himantha » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:09 pm

As per the conversation we had, you will now be able to access to your e-mails, about the new e-mail creating issue, I have checked with our developers and they confirm that they are able create new e-mail addresses successfully via your Members facilities area.

If you still experiencing issues, I would suggest you to try using a different web browser.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

alanr wrote:Thank you.

Should I be able to create a new email address? I have 1 out of a possible 80.
Yes :) , You shouldn't have any issues creating a new email address
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

alanr

Post by alanr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks all, as discussed today, I am still unable to create additional email addresses using Safari. I'll try another browser.

alanr

Post by alanr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 pm

OK, just tried Firefox, same result.

So far I've tried IE 8/Win7, Safari 5/OSX 10.6 and Firefox 5/OSX 10.6, all with the same result. Given that my 1 primary e-mail address is OK now I am reasonably happy, but in the long term I would like to have the ability to create a new address.

BTW I noticed that under Members Facilities I now have 1 out of a possible 120 addresses when yesterday it was only a possible 80. You're just trying to tease me now aren't you?

shoner

Post by shoner » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 pm

alanr wrote:OK, just tried Firefox, same result.

So far I've tried IE 8/Win7, Safari 5/OSX 10.6 and Firefox 5/OSX 10.6, all with the same result. Given that my 1 primary e-mail address is OK now I am reasonably happy, but in the long term I would like to have the ability to create a new address.

BTW I noticed that under Members Facilities I now have 1 out of a possible 120 addresses when yesterday it was only a possible 80. You're just trying to tease me now aren't you?
I have checked this and I tested your member facility I was able to add and delete an email address. Plus the page has been corrected to 20 email addreses
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

alanr

Post by alanr » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks, I must be doing something wrong then.