POP3/SMTP conflict with Microsoft Exhange Activesync

Email setup and troubleshooting
megb6806

POP3/SMTP conflict with Microsoft Exhange Activesync

Post by megb6806 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 pm

I am having some weird issues with my mobile (HTC HD) when adding a Microsoft Exchange Activesync account.

I am using a POP3/SMTP account with exetel on my mobile and works fine, as soon as I add a Microsoft exchange account then the SMTP part of the exetel account stops working ;

In another words:

I can receive and send emails from the Microsoft exchange account but I can only receive emails from exetel, no outgoing emails are possible. I get an error saying the exetel configuration is wrong.....to fix this I have to delete the microsoft exchange account and leave only the exetel account.....

weird....anyone having the same issues?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: POP3/SMTP conflict with Microsoft Exhange Activesync

Post by Dazzled » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Do you have a secondary SMTP address? Any help here- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exch ... 88524.aspx?

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks Dazzled for your response.

I am bit confused, does your reply suggest that I must have a secondary SMTP address for solving my issue? or having a secondary SMTP address would cause issues?

Also, my issue is not the Microsoft Exchange account in itself, its actually the SMTP address on my Exetel account that stops working when adding an Exchange account on my mobile.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:27 pm

The document pointed out that with that version of the software only one (primary) SMTP domain is provided for, unless you use the method (linked within) to edit the Windows registry. I probably don't get out enough, but I haven't seen this software for a while, so I was guessing the "secondary" added diagnosis from memory.

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks for your help, i will try to ask the same question on a HTC mobile forum because its not an exetel issue its more that my phone cant handle 2 outgoing servers....thanks anyway