iPad email problem

Email setup and troubleshooting
Jillglee

iPad email problem

Post by Jillglee » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 am

Hi there,
Having problems sending emails from ipad3, receiving ok. Problem only on Telstra 3G, not on home wireless adsl network. Tried everything including optusnet, and smtp.wa.exemail.com.au comes up "the recipients were rejected by server" even when I send myself a test message. Mail.optusnet.com.au comes up with not allowing relaying of messages. Please help, this is one of the reasons that I brought an iPad in the first place!

Cheers,
Jillglee.

Fahim S
Exetel Staff

Re: iPad email problem

Post by Fahim S » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 am

Hi,

Could you please configure the correct outgoing server in your Ipad 3 , the outgoing server will differ from service providers.
Please contact your service provider (Telstra) for more details.

Cheers

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:50 am

Jillglee, to add a little more to the reply -- there is no authentication required to send these standard SMTP emails, so the various servers will not accept anything that is not from their own network as an anti-abuse measure. (Eg, Exetel won't accept (relay) a message from a Telstra network, and vice versa). You can always send an email from your Exetel account via another network using browser-based webmail however. When your device uses webmail an authentication login is made. Use http://webmail.exetel.com.au.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am

You can also send emails from your Telstra account via your Exetel service if you use the Telstra smtp server rather than the exemail smtp server (this is what Fahim posted) in your email program. If you don't know what the Telstra smtp server is you'll need to contact them for this information.
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal