Emails are not reaching a specific domain

Email setup and troubleshooting
swampwallaby

Emails are not reaching a specific domain

Post by swampwallaby » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:13 am

I have quite a strange problem and would be grateful for any assistance.

This problem occurred yesterday and is now occurring again today

1. I can receive emails from all domains with no problem.
2. I can send emails to all domains with no problem EXCEPT for uws.edu.au. I work for UWS, so this is a BIG problem. The emails appear to be sent from my end, I receive no bounce or timeout emails.
3. Any emails I sent to uws.edu.au during the day yesterday did not arrive until just before 4pm when the entire days worth of emails arrived at the same time.
4. The UWS technical support checked their logs and they have no record of the emails arriving until just before 4pm.

So the emails are being held up somewhere, then magically delivered at 4pm. Other domains I have tested (exemail.com.au, gmail.com) the email is delivered immediately.

Thanks.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Emails are not reaching a specific domain

Post by angelos » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 pm

swampwallaby wrote:I have quite a strange problem and would be grateful for any assistance.

This problem occurred yesterday and is now occurring again today

1. I can receive emails from all domains with no problem.
2. I can send emails to all domains with no problem EXCEPT for uws.edu.au. I work for UWS, so this is a BIG problem. The emails appear to be sent from my end, I receive no bounce or timeout emails.
3. Any emails I sent to uws.edu.au during the day yesterday did not arrive until just before 4pm when the entire days worth of emails arrived at the same time.
4. The UWS technical support checked their logs and they have no record of the emails arriving until just before 4pm.

So the emails are being held up somewhere, then magically delivered at 4pm. Other domains I have tested (exemail.com.au, gmail.com) the email is delivered immediately.

Thanks.
Could you PM the email address you are facing this on so that we can take a better look into this?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:22 pm

PM received.

I am in the process of getting this checked further with our sysadmins under the reference #8050016.

We will let you know how this goes.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Our Sysadmins have got back to us and they have checked yesterdays logs and can see that the emails have gone through within 1 second.

It appears the emails leave our SMTP without any issues.

swampwallaby

Post by swampwallaby » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks very much, I will get back to the tech support at the other end.

Regards,
Brent.