Email Account Stopped Working

Email setup and troubleshooting

Email Account Stopped Working

Postby Viss on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi one of my email accounts has not received an email since the 4th. I have logged into the squirrel mail and the account say 83% full and there really is not a great deal in the inbox and the trash is empty. I use thunderbird with it flawlessly for years so im kinda wondering why its all of a sudden stopped ?

Cheers
Viss

Re: Email Account Stopped Working

Postby Viss on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:28 pm

I have just sent an email from myself to myself and it worked fine but I know of 3 other emails that have been sent to me that I have not received ?
Viss

Postby ShaminG on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Viss wrote:I have just sent an email from myself to myself and it worked fine but I know of 3 other emails that have been sent to me that I have not received ?

You may check with the senders if they have sent the email to correct address. Unfortunately, exemail do not provide any bounce back messages to avoid spam.
ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Postby Viss on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:49 pm

They are from business people from whom I have been getting email from for years.... there is an issue something is not right. My daughter just tried to email me her homework about 5 mins ago and I still have not received it, yet when I send and receive from my own email it works ??? Please explain.
Viss

Postby ShaminG on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Viss wrote:They are from business people from whom I have been getting email from for years.... there is an issue something is not right. My daughter just tried to email me her homework about 5 mins ago and I still have not received it, yet when I send and receive from my own email it works ??? Please explain.

Could you please email the information to hosting@exetel.com.au so we can investigate this further. Mention the email addresses of the sender, recipient and the approximate time she tried to send the email.
ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Postby MikeandLeece on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:24 pm

I'm also experiencing a similar issue however I have not received emails since the 5th March.

Can someone please investigate?
MikeandLeece

Postby KavindaS on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:15 am

MikeandLeece wrote:I'm also experiencing a similar issue however I have not received emails since the 5th March.

Hi If your email also a hosted domain email address, please email the information to hosting@exetel.com.au so we can investigate this further. Mention the email addresses of the sender, recipient and the approximate time she tried to send the email.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby angelos on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 pm

MikeandLeece wrote:I'm also experiencing a similar issue however I have not received emails since the 5th March.

I think your issue could be due to the inbox being full.

Try logging into https://webmail.exetel.com.au/src/login.php with your email address and password and check your usage quota on the left hand side. If it is red and shows 100% you will have issues receiving emails.

In this case you will need to make space for emails by deleting them.

PS : Deleting sends the emails to the trash folder. The trash folder must be purged in order to start receiving emails again.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby MikeandLeece on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Tried it.

Still not getting emails.
MikeandLeece

Postby angelos on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:49 pm

MikeandLeece wrote:Tried it.

Still not getting emails.

We have received your email sent to hosting@exetel.com.au and I have replied to it.

Looking into it I can see that the mail was sent successfully without any bounces and could see that it has come through to your inbox as per the server logs.

Have you checked your https://webmail.exetel.com.au/src/login.php inbox if you have received this email?

Your ref # 8896495.

Please elaborate on the issue you are facing because we can't really see an issue here.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Return to Email issues