Haven't been receiving emails for several days now.

Email setup and troubleshooting

Haven't been receiving emails for several days now.

Postby maggie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:51 pm

I am using Thunderbird email client. I haven't been receiving my emails from my Exemail email addresses. All my other non Exetel email accounts are working fine on Thunderbird. I just logged into webmail and found a pile of emails in one address. I tried to log into another of my email addresses on Exetel WebMail but my remembered password was rejected. So I suppose I need to know why my Exetel emails are not getting to me via Thunderbird any more and how to I reset my password for emails when I have forgotten the original so I can access them via Webmail?
maggie

Re: Haven't been receiving emails for several days now.

Postby angelos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:18 pm

maggie wrote:I am using Thunderbird email client. I haven't been receiving my emails from my Exemail email addresses. All my other non Exetel email accounts are working fine on Thunderbird. I just logged into webmail and found a pile of emails in one address. I tried to log into another of my email addresses on Exetel WebMail but my remembered password was rejected. So I suppose I need to know why my Exetel emails are not getting to me via Thunderbird any more and how to I reset my password for emails when I have forgotten the original so I can access them via Webmail?

If you aren't receiving emails, it's most likely because your mailbox is full due to the 40MB quota being completely full. In order to check this and purge emails, you will need to log in your webmail.

If your password was rejected, you will need to reset the password via your members' facilities area for your service. Once logged in to your MyExetel facilities, please navigate as follows

'Premium VAS' -> 'Email' -> 'Edit' opposite the particular email address and reset the password to what you want it to be.

Once you do that, you may log in to your webmail and have unnecessary emails purged. However, if your mailbox usage quota is not full (this will be indicated in the left top of your screen once logged in) and still unable to receive emails, please let me know.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maggie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanks for the instructions on how to change the p/w. I did that and managed to get into the account. I have only 4.2% of the 40 MB used. So plenty of room there. Same for the other addresses. I have Thunderbird not keep the messages on the Exemail server. Still not getting Exetel emails when I refresh Thunderbird.
maggie

Postby angelos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:32 pm

maggie wrote:Thanks for the instructions on how to change the p/w. I did that and managed to get into the account. I have only 4.2% of the 40 MB used. So plenty of room there. Same for the other addresses. I have Thunderbird not keep the messages on the Exemail server. Still not getting Exetel emails when I refresh Thunderbird.

Have you tried sending yourself any emails to this particular email address from a different address? If so please PM this email address to me so I can take a closer look at it.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maggie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm

I sent you a PM Angelo.

Test emails indicate they are sent but nothing arrives.
maggie

Postby angelos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 pm

maggie wrote:I sent you a PM Angelo.

Test emails indicate they are sent but nothing arrives.

PM received. But did you test all of those on Webmail?
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maggie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 pm

I just sent some via web mail. They send fine and I and receiving emails in web mail but nothing is coming through to Thunderbird from Exetel. Google mail and other email addresses via TB are fine.
maggie

Postby angelos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:34 pm

maggie wrote:I just sent some via web mail. They send fine and I and receiving emails in web mail but nothing is coming through to Thunderbird from Exetel. Google mail and other email addresses via TB are fine.

Please check if your settings are as follows.

Username: yourmailbox@exemail.com.au (NOT @exeTEL.com.au)
Password: yourpassword
Incoming Mail server: pop3.[state].exemail.com.au
Mailbox type: POP3
Incoming Mail Port: 110
SSL: Off
Outgoing Mail server: smtp.[state].exemail.com.au
Outgoing Mail Port: 25
SSL: Off

Try the following guide as well : http://www.exetel.com.au/pdf/thunderbird_email.pdf
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maggie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:58 pm

I will check but they have been working perfectly well for years with the correct settings in TB. It is just since Wednesday that the wheels have fallen off. But I will re-enter all the details.
maggie

Postby KavindaS on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:48 pm

maggie wrote:I will check but they have been working perfectly well for years with the correct settings in TB. It is just since Wednesday that the wheels have fallen off. But I will re-enter all the details.

Unfortunately we didn't receive any similar issues related to the incoming mails. Therefore check everything as suggested by Angelo above, and make sure the setting are correct accordingly.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby maggie on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:23 am

Mail seems to be coming in now. I changed the ports to 110. But now I cannot send mail I get a pop up alert saying
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
relay not permitted, authentication required.
Please check the message recipient "xxxxx@google.com" and try again
The same for any recipient used in any email.
maggie

Postby Kumudh on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:46 am

maggie wrote:Mail seems to be coming in now. I changed the ports to 110. But now I cannot send mail I get a pop up alert saying
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
relay not permitted, authentication required.
Please check the message recipient "xxxxx@google.com" and try again
The same for any recipient used in any email.

If you are unable to send emails regardless of the recipient from any email you would need to check on your outgoing mail settings. Please check them and see if they match the ones mentioned by Angelo.

You may also refer the following link as well - http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... tup_Guides
Kumudh
Forum Admin

Postby maggie on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:55 pm

No still cannot send mail. Get the 'relay not permitted authentication required' message.
As far as I can see all set up is correct. I cannot tell the outgoing port though and don't know where to find it. I know I changed the in coming port for the pop3 to 110 as it was set on some thing else. Where can I find the out going port and would this be why I am getting the error message?
maggie

Postby Kumudh on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:07 pm

maggie wrote:No still cannot send mail. Get the 'relay not permitted authentication required' message.
As far as I can see all set up is correct. I cannot tell the outgoing port though and don't know where to find it. I know I changed the in coming port for the pop3 to 110 as it was set on some thing else. Where can I find the out going port and would this be why I am getting the error message?

Use the following link by Morzilla to help trouble shoot your issue and edit your outgoing mail settings.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ca ... d-messages

Please let me know if this helps.
Kumudh
Forum Admin

Postby maggie on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 pm

It's okay. Found it and got it sorted. Was on different port from default. Still don't know why it was working fine last 5 years and then not this week.
maggie

Next

Return to Email issues