Email bouncebacks from Hotmail

Email setup and troubleshooting

Email bouncebacks from Hotmail

Postby pauln on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:49 am

Hi, I've been trying to send an email to a hotmail recipient all morning without success. I receive a bounceback almost immediately with the message;

zzzzzzz@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<paul@xxxxxxxxxx.com.au> SIZE=12747:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.33.135]: 550 SC-004 (COL004-MC6F12) Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.71 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I've tried sending to another Hotmail account and receive the same bounceback message.

Is this a problem with Hotmail blacklisting Exetel's servers or is it just me?
pauln

Re: Email bouncebacks from Hotmail

Postby devindag on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:53 pm

pauln wrote:Hi, I've been trying to send an email to a hotmail recipient all morning without success. I receive a bounceback almost immediately with the message;

zzzzzzz@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<paul@xxxxxxxxxx.com.au> SIZE=12747:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.33.135]: 550 SC-004 (COL004-MC6F12) Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.71 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I've tried sending to another Hotmail account and receive the same bounceback message.

Is this a problem with Hotmail blacklisting Exetel's servers or is it just me?

A support ticket has been raised with the reference 9626530 and we are currently getting this investigated by our sys adminis. Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will get this looked in to ASAP and update you with.
devindag
Exetel Staff

Postby tezzab on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 am

I am also getting a similar error (just a different IP address) for all emails to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com email addresses. The message I get is:

Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.8 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
tezzab

Postby angelos on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 pm

tezzab wrote:I am also getting a similar error (just a different IP address) for all emails to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com email addresses. The message I get is:

Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.8 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

As advised in the previous reply, thisi issue is being looked into. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. :(
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby Wadd on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Maybe this is why an email reply sent to support@exetel.com.au failed to deliver and their response to me in the Modem thread was I should have sent it to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au even though that email address was not used in their support email. It's a mess.
Wadd

Postby angelos on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Wadd wrote:Maybe this is why an email reply sent to support@exetel.com.au failed to deliver and their response to me in the Modem thread was I should have sent it to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au even though that email address was not used in their support email. It's a mess.

As the previous comments explain, these are emails sent to hotmail.com or outlook.com that are bouncing and has no relativity to your scenario.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby jan45 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 pm

I am having the same trouble with emails to hotmail addresses.
Getting the same reply
Other emails send okay.

Jan
jan45

Postby KavindaS on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm

jan45 wrote:I am having the same trouble with emails to hotmail addresses.
Getting the same reply
Other emails send okay.

Jan

Please use "pecan-mail.exetel.com.au" as the smtp server (outgoing mail server address) as a temporally workaround, while we are solving the issue with Outlook. We apologies for the inconvenience.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby PNM on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

Emails to Hotmail accounts still get bounced back using pecan-mail.exetel.com.au
PNM

Postby angelos on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:52 am

PNM wrote:Emails to Hotmail accounts still get bounced back using pecan-mail.exetel.com.au

Try pecan2-mail.exetel.com.au is not working as another work around.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby PNM on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 pm

That one works. Thanks
PNM

Postby angelos on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:38 pm

PNM wrote:That one works. Thanks

If it does... please change it again to smtp.<state>.exemail.com.au and it should be working now.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby PNM on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 am

Yep, that is now working. Thanks again
PNM

Postby pauln on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:10 am

Is this fixed?

I still can't send to a Hotmail account using either smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au or pecan2-mail.exetel.com.au
pauln

Postby angelos on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:18 am

pauln wrote:Is this fixed?

I still can't send to a Hotmail account using either smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au or pecan2-mail.exetel.com.au

Yes, this has been fixed. Can you please post the bounce back you receive so we can look into this?
angelos
Exetel Staff

Return to Email issues