Email bouncebacks from Hotmail

Email setup and troubleshooting
pauln

Email bouncebacks from Hotmail

Post by pauln » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:49 am

Hi, I've been trying to send an email to a hotmail recipient all morning without success. I receive a bounceback almost immediately with the message;
zzzzzzz@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<paul@xxxxxxxxxx.com.au> SIZE=12747:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.33.135]: 550 SC-004 (COL004-MC6F12) Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.71 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
I've tried sending to another Hotmail account and receive the same bounceback message.

Is this a problem with Hotmail blacklisting Exetel's servers or is it just me?

devindag
Exetel Staff

Re: Email bouncebacks from Hotmail

Post by devindag » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:53 pm

pauln wrote:Hi, I've been trying to send an email to a hotmail recipient all morning without success. I receive a bounceback almost immediately with the message;
zzzzzzz@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<paul@xxxxxxxxxx.com.au> SIZE=12747:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.33.135]: 550 SC-004 (COL004-MC6F12) Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.71 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
I've tried sending to another Hotmail account and receive the same bounceback message.

Is this a problem with Hotmail blacklisting Exetel's servers or is it just me?
A support ticket has been raised with the reference 9626530 and we are currently getting this investigated by our sys adminis. Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will get this looked in to ASAP and update you with.

tezzab

Post by tezzab » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 am

I am also getting a similar error (just a different IP address) for all emails to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com email addresses. The message I get is:

Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.8 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 pm

tezzab wrote:I am also getting a similar error (just a different IP address) for all emails to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com email addresses. The message I get is:

Unfortunately, messages from 220.233.0.8 weren't sent. We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider. The problem is that too many unwanted messages have been sent from the following IP address above. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
As advised in the previous reply, thisi issue is being looked into. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. :(

Wadd

Post by Wadd » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Maybe this is why an email reply sent to support@exetel.com.au failed to deliver and their response to me in the Modem thread was I should have sent it to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au even though that email address was not used in their support email. It's a mess.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Wadd wrote:Maybe this is why an email reply sent to support@exetel.com.au failed to deliver and their response to me in the Modem thread was I should have sent it to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au even though that email address was not used in their support email. It's a mess.
As the previous comments explain, these are emails sent to hotmail.com or outlook.com that are bouncing and has no relativity to your scenario.

jan45

Post by jan45 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 pm

I am having the same trouble with emails to hotmail addresses.
Getting the same reply
Other emails send okay.

Jan

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm

jan45 wrote:I am having the same trouble with emails to hotmail addresses.
Getting the same reply
Other emails send okay.

Jan
Please use "pecan-mail.exetel.com.au" as the smtp server (outgoing mail server address) as a temporally workaround, while we are solving the issue with Outlook. We apologies for the inconvenience.

PNM

Post by PNM » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

Emails to Hotmail accounts still get bounced back using pecan-mail.exetel.com.au

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:52 am

PNM wrote:Emails to Hotmail accounts still get bounced back using pecan-mail.exetel.com.au
Try pecan2-mail.exetel.com.au is not working as another work around.

PNM

Post by PNM » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 pm

That one works. Thanks

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:38 pm

PNM wrote:That one works. Thanks
If it does... please change it again to smtp.<state>.exemail.com.au and it should be working now.

PNM

Post by PNM » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 am

Yep, that is now working. Thanks again

pauln

Post by pauln » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:10 am

Is this fixed?

I still can't send to a Hotmail account using either smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au or pecan2-mail.exetel.com.au

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:18 am

pauln wrote:Is this fixed?

I still can't send to a Hotmail account using either smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au or pecan2-mail.exetel.com.au
Yes, this has been fixed. Can you please post the bounce back you receive so we can look into this?