Inbox filling up

Email setup and troubleshooting

Inbox filling up

Postby ercatli on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi, I have been an exemail user for many years, and just lately (maybe last few months) I have been having a problem. Occasionally I notice no emails have come in on my main account, and when I check webmail, the Inbox is full. Previously, I had my email program set so emails only stayed on the server for a week after they had been automatically downloaded to my computer, but apparently this isn't happening now. I recently upgraded my Mac to OS El Capitan, so I don't know if that made a difference, or if Exetel has changed setting in some way, or what.

Does anyone have an answer and a solution please? Thanks.
ercatli

Re: Inbox filling up

Postby KavindaS on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:00 am

ercatli wrote:Hi, I have been an exemail user for many years, and just lately (maybe last few months) I have been having a problem. Occasionally I notice no emails have come in on my main account, and when I check webmail, the Inbox is full. Previously, I had my email program set so emails only stayed on the server for a week after they had been automatically downloaded to my computer, but apparently this isn't happening now. I recently upgraded my Mac to OS El Capitan, so I don't know if that made a difference, or if Exetel has changed setting in some way, or what.

Does anyone have an answer and a solution please? Thanks.

There is no changes made from Exetel servers. This option has to be enabled from the respective email client on your computer. Changes (Upgrade) you have mentioned may have changed the settings. It is recommended to check with the client settings to see if the option is selected to leave the emails on server for 7 days.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby muzzatron on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:04 pm

I am having the same problem too. I have been waiting for a couple of important emails the last 2 days, but it took me a while to cotton on to the fact I was getting no emails at all. Then today I realised my email was full, so i logged on and erased all the messages.

Having to do this isn't the biggest problem. But the problem that really bothers me is that if I had been sent those emails, then they are now gone. So I have to email people saying, sorry there was an issue with my email. Which is embarrassing and makes me feel like a noob!

So it's becoming an issue for me and I have been a customer for years.
muzzatron

Postby muzzatron on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:29 pm

HI - I just found this link which may help any Mac users that have been having this problem. (after reading what KavindaS mentioned)

https://www.unitedsupport.co.uk/fusion/ ... the-server

:-) hoping this fixes the problems.
muzzatron

Postby ercatli on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 pm

I am now happy that this isn't an Exetel issue, but a change in settings on my computer. In my case, I upgraded to a new Mac OS, and it, for some crazy reason, changed several of my email settings, so I had to set up again all my email accounts. This was a setting that I also needed to change, so that when the email is downloaded from Exetel to my desktop, it is trashed on Exetel in a week. If you use Mac OS I can tell you how to do it, but if a PC, there'll also be a way, but I don't know it.
ercatli

Postby KavindaS on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:47 pm

muzzatron wrote:HI - I just found this link which may help any Mac users that have been having this problem. (after reading what KavindaS mentioned)

https://www.unitedsupport.co.uk/fusion/ ... the-server

:-) hoping this fixes the problems.

Thanks for sharing this valuable information :)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Email issues