Automatically deleting emails from Exemail?

Email setup and troubleshooting
bil

Automatically deleting emails from Exemail?

Post by bil » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 am

I am using Outlook and until recently my exemail used to delete automatically after 3 days. Now it is not and my exemail is often full and will therefore not receive anymore emails. I realise I can manually delete these emails, but can anyone tell me how to set it for automatically deleting emails after a few days please? Thanks Bil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Automatically deleting emails from Exemail?

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:38 pm

bil wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 am
I am using Outlook and until recently my exemail used to delete automatically after 3 days. Now it is not and my exemail is often full and will therefore not receive anymore emails. I realise I can manually delete these emails, but can anyone tell me how to set it for automatically deleting emails after a few days please? Thanks Bil
Hi Bil,

Welcome to the Exetel Forum :)

I believe you have referred to the emails deletion from the exemail server (Webmail) and not in the inbox of the outlook. Can you confirm the current outlook version that you use, and I will see if I can find anything for you through an outlook support link.

bil

Post by bil » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks KavindaS. Yes you are right...I want to automatically delete emails from the server (Webmail)...not my inbox. My Outlook is part of MS Office Professional 2010 (version 14.0.7190.5000 32 bit)

Thanks for your help Bil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:13 pm

bil wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 pm
Thanks KavindaS. Yes you are right...I want to automatically delete emails from the server (Webmail)...not my inbox. My Outlook is part of MS Office Professional 2010 (version 14.0.7190.5000 32 bit)

Thanks for your help Bil
Hi Bil,

Unfortunately I am using outlook 2016 and the steps to check this would be bit different. I have check this further and there shouldn't any issue from the server end, if the rule is correctly set from the email client (outlook) side. Can you follow the below steps and double check, if the rule is still correctly enabled or not ?

Open Outlook.
Select File, then Info.
Click Account Settings.
Select the email account you are using on multiple devices then click Change.
Click More Settings….
Click Advanced.
Under the heading Delivery tick Leave a copy of messages on server.
Tick Remove from server after 3 day(s).

bil

Post by bil » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 pm

Thanks Kavinda. I followed your instructions and, fingers crossed, it will delete emails after three days! Thank you for your help

Bil

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:20 pm

bil wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Thanks Kavinda. I followed your instructions and, fingers crossed, it will delete emails after three days! Thank you for your help

Bil
Not a problem Bil. If the options were not selected and if you have enabled now, I hope it should starts to work then.