EMAIL ACCOUNT LOCKED WITHOUT NOTICE

Email setup and troubleshooting
Red Diablo

EMAIL ACCOUNT LOCKED WITHOUT NOTICE

Post by Red Diablo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 am

My email account was locked without notice last Friday.

The first I knew was that I could no longer received emails on my Android phone (never been able to send emails) and it was prompting me to enter my password. Then on Sunday I tried to get my emails on my desktop PC running MS Outlook. Same issue. It was prompting me for a password and my regular password no longer worked. I also tried Webmail and it would not work so no emails for me.

I initially thought my account may have been hacked so I logged into my Exetel account and changed my email password. The password change was successfull but I still couldn't log in to get my emails. So I called Exetel Tech Support. They intially couldn't see anything wrong and I told the support person to change my email password and try and log in. They tried but couldn't log into my mail account and then did some further diging and said that their system had automatically disabled my email account because it was generating spam. There were no messages in my Outlook sent items so I don't know where they are supposedly coming from. They had no system administrators working on Sunday so could do nothing for my until Monday. In the mean time they said run a virus scan on the PC and change my Exetel account details. I did this and even went to the extent of changing to a different computer.

So here I am Tuesday morning having again called Tech Support on Monday morning and Monday afternoon and still no email access. One of the bright sparks in support asked me if I had checked my email for any update notifications. How the f%#k can I when my email account is locked!

I've been with Exetel for 10+ years but it looks like its time for a change!

Not Happy :-(

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT LOCKED WITHOUT NOTICE

Post by KavindaS » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Red Diablo wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 am
My email account was locked without notice last Friday.

The first I knew was that I could no longer received emails on my Android phone (never been able to send emails) and it was prompting me to enter my password. Then on Sunday I tried to get my emails on my desktop PC running MS Outlook. Same issue. It was prompting me for a password and my regular password no longer worked. I also tried Webmail and it would not work so no emails for me.

I initially thought my account may have been hacked so I logged into my Exetel account and changed my email password. The password change was successfull but I still couldn't log in to get my emails. So I called Exetel Tech Support. They intially couldn't see anything wrong and I told the support person to change my email password and try and log in. They tried but couldn't log into my mail account and then did some further diging and said that their system had automatically disabled my email account because it was generating spam. There were no messages in my Outlook sent items so I don't know where they are supposedly coming from. They had no system administrators working on Sunday so could do nothing for my until Monday. In the mean time they said run a virus scan on the PC and change my Exetel account details. I did this and even went to the extent of changing to a different computer.

So here I am Tuesday morning having again called Tech Support on Monday morning and Monday afternoon and still no email access. One of the bright sparks in support asked me if I had checked my email for any update notifications. How the f%#k can I when my email account is locked!

I've been with Exetel for 10+ years but it looks like its time for a change!

Not Happy :-(
Firstly, I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter and the delayed responses. We have already requested to our system administrators, send sms alert when an email gets blocked by the system. This task is in progress and we are expecting to deliver this as soon as possible when implemented.

I have checked the ticket reference number 16356729 and as we have informed our sys admins had unblock the email yesterday 18 November 2019 at 05:22pm. if the email still not working only, please have one more reset to your email password and check the account. Please reply to the same email for further investigations.

Your feedback about our service is highly valuable. We are in the process of improving and overall quality offered to our customer. In the near future we hope to serve you better.