Win10 vs Live Mail

Email setup and troubleshooting
Ziege Mitfahrer

Win10 vs Live Mail

Post by Ziege Mitfahrer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Old non-technical person needs help or valium.

I've just been flipped from Exetel to MS Support by a very quiet non English speaking parrot with cue cards.
It seems that if you use any email system other than webmail, then it's someone else's problem.
Any assistance prior to that would be appreciated with home-brew (if you live near 2330).

Last week, I did the free legit update from W7 to W10. (Yes, it still works if you know the trick).
I successfully kept all files, emails, settings etc and MOST software still works except Live Mail and MS Orifice.
Please don't tell me to use a different email prog.
My precious emails are still there, but I get the standard 0x800C013E error.
I've been through ExeDiki, the infinite number of forum posts plus Google and found LOTS, but nothing works.
I bit the bullet and got MS Orifice 365 (with Outlook) but can't get that to work either.

Is there someone out there with more time and patience than Exetel Support willing to spoon-feed me through the process?

KasunW
Exetel Staff

Re: Win10 vs Live Mail

Post by KasunW » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Ziege Mitfahrer wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:15 pm
Old non-technical person needs help or valium.

I've just been flipped from Exetel to MS Support by a very quiet non English speaking parrot with cue cards.
It seems that if you use any email system other than webmail, then it's someone else's problem.
Any assistance prior to that would be appreciated with home-brew (if you live near 2330).

Last week, I did the free legit update from W7 to W10. (Yes, it still works if you know the trick).
I successfully kept all files, emails, settings etc and MOST software still works except Live Mail and MS Orifice.
Please don't tell me to use a different email prog.
My precious emails are still there, but I get the standard 0x800C013E error.
I've been through ExeDiki, the infinite number of forum posts plus Google and found LOTS, but nothing works.
I bit the bullet and got MS Orifice 365 (with Outlook) but can't get that to work either.

Is there someone out there with more time and patience than Exetel Support willing to spoon-feed me through the process?
Could you kindly PM your service number or the customer number so we could check on this and advise.

KasunW
Exetel Staff

Re: Win10 vs Live Mail

Post by KasunW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:36 pm

As discussed with you over the phone you have entered the proper settings to your windows live client and unfortunately you will have to contact Microsoft support to further assist you with error 0x800C013E which you are getting through the windows live email client.

Exetel sincerely apologized for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter. Reference #16579796