Questions regarding transition to upcoming FTTN?

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Re: Questions regarding transition to upcoming FTTN?

Postby nicoler on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:14 am

HI

We have received your fibre order and PSTN to VOIP request successfully. Our provisioning team will keep you updated with regards to your order.

Kind Regards

Nicole
nicoler
Exetel Staff

Postby Franpa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm

In hindsight, a lot of my questions were dumb. Basically I just needed a VDSL capable modem for the FTTN connection to work, I didn't realize this and figured that one of my existing modems would suffice (they didn't). Both of my modems said they supported the NBN! But I think they were manufactured before the Liberals changed the NBN to a Mixed Technology BS. It wasn't until after we had gotten the NBN that we received a brochure from NBN Co. that clearly stated we needed a VDSL compatible modem (why did we not get this PRIOR to getting the connection set up? Surely they knew months in advance that our area would be getting FTTN??).

Netcomm NB16WV-02 and D-Link Viper 2900 both only support ADSL2+, ADSL2, ADSL and FTTH (not FTTN or HFC).

So I had to get a new, 3rd modem (VDSL compatible) and decided to get the Exetel (ZTE Enterprise) modem which seems okay so far though I can't seem to find any online information about the thing nor where to check for firmware updates for it (the Modem configuration UI has no "Download Firmware" functionality, it only has a section for installing a firmware file I've manually downloaded from elsewhere). The ZTE Enterprise website is pretty dreadful.
Last edited by Franpa on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | D-Link Viper 2900
Franpa

Postby KavindaS on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 am

Franpa wrote:In hindsight, a lot of my questions were dumb. Basically I just needed a VDSL capable modem for the FTTN connection to work, I didn't realize this and figured that one of my existing modems would suffice (they didn't). Both of my modems said they supported the NBN! But I think they were manufactured before the Liberals changed the NBN to a Mixed Technology BS. It wasn't until after had gotten the NBN that we recieved a brochure from NBN Co. that clearly stated we needed a VDSL compatible modem (why did we not get this PRIOR to getting the connection set up? Surely they knew months in advance that our area would be getting FTTN??).

Netcomm NB16WV-02 and D-Link Viper 2900 both only support ADSL2+, ADSL2, ADSL and FTTH (not FTTN or HFC).

So I had to get a new, 3rd modem (VDSL compatible) and decided to get the Exetel (ZTE Enterprise) modem which seems okay so far though I can't seem to find any online information about the thing nor where to check for firmware updates for it (the Modem configuration UI has no "Download Firmware" functionality, it only has a section for installing a firmware file I've manually downloaded from elsewhere). The ZTE Enterprise website is pretty dreadful.

ZTE model we deliver is a new one to the manufacturer and still not much supportive documents have uploaded by them. However we can expect soon for online documents. If you need any information of that, drop us an email (residentialsupport@exetel.com.au) and we may forward that to the ZTE support department to get a response for you.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Other