Cannot Login to Helpdesk

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Cannot Login to Helpdesk

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi all!

Can anyone tell me what is the correct combination of email/password to login to Exetel Helpdesk?

I've tried all my email addresses, and I keep getting the error that "email address is not registered."

This surprises me, because the first email/pass combo I used was one which I have used with the helpdesk for many years, but the login failed, and then, when I tried the "forgotten password" link, I kept getting the "email not registered" error.

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Re: Cannot Login to Helpdesk

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

csouter wrote:Hi all!

Can anyone tell me what is the correct combination of email/password to login to Exetel Helpdesk?

I've tried all my email addresses, and I keep getting the error that "email address is not registered."

This surprises me, because the first email/pass combo I used was one which I have used with the helpdesk for many years, but the login failed, and then, when I tried the "forgotten password" link, I kept getting the "email not registered" error.

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I believe that you have used this URL http://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/login to sign in. If so PM me the exact email address that you have used and the error which you gets "email not registered", where I will check with our system admins and update you.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:57 pm

My bookmark for the helpdesk is: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

Anyway, I tried both URLs and neither of them works.

PM sent.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:15 pm

csouter wrote:My bookmark for the helpdesk is: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

PM sent.

PM received and thanks. I will check on this and update you later.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby csouter on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 am

KavindaS wrote:

PM sent.

Still waiting for an update.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby KavindaS on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 pm

csouter wrote:
KavindaS wrote:

PM sent.

I have already escalated and waiting for the feedback. I will update you as soon as i get the response.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 am

KavindaS wrote:
csouter wrote:
KavindaS wrote: will check on this and update you later.

I have already escalated and waiting for the feedback. I will update you as soon as i get the response.

5 days. Still waiting.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 pm

csouter wrote:
5 days. Still waiting.

I should get a response before close of business today. Meantime can you confirm the last time you have used this account, with your given email address?
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:00 pm

KavindaS wrote:Meantime can you confirm the last time you have used this account, with your given email address?

I presume you mean my Exetel Helpdesk account.

The last time I used Exetel Helpdesk was about a problem I was having with my VoIP service. The ticket number was #10562306, and the last email I sent in relation to that ticket was dated 2016-08-09 at 23:26AEST, which is just over 12 months ago.

I shall also PM you once again, because I have had several different service numbers since my Exetel service, (dating back to 2004), although the actual service address has not changed during the whole time I have been an Exetel customer.

However, my primary email address for my email service has been the same since at least as early as 2012, so therefore it doesn't make sense to me that Helpdesk should have no record of that address.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:04 pm

csouter wrote:I shall also PM you once again, because I have had several different service numbers since my Exetel service, (dating back to 2004), although the actual service address has not changed during the whole time I have been an Exetel customer.

PM sent.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 pm

csouter wrote:
KavindaS wrote:Meantime can you confirm the last time you have used this account, with your given email address?

I presume you mean my Exetel Helpdesk account.

The last time I used Exetel Helpdesk was about a problem I was having with my VoIP service. The ticket number was #10562306, and the last email I sent in relation to that ticket was dated 2016-08-09 at 23:26AEST, which is just over 12 months ago.

I shall also PM you once again, because I have had several different service numbers since my Exetel service, (dating back to 2004), although the actual service address has not changed during the whole time I have been an Exetel customer.

However, my primary email address for my email service has been the same since at least as early as 2012, so therefore it doesn't make sense to me that Helpdesk should have no record of that address.

Your recent PM seems to have explained a lot and because you have mentioned Exetel Helpdesk, we have completely investigated a different issue :( . It appears to be that you are referring to the My Exetel or the Member facility login and not the Helpdesk login. https://www.exetel.com.au/my_exetel is where you can access or get the password recover. However to make things fast now, I will have a reset on your login and send it to your nominated mobile number ending with ......898.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:55 pm

KavindaS wrote:Your recent PM seems to have explained a lot and because you have mentioned Exetel Helpdesk, we have completely investigated a different issue :( . It appears to be that you are referring to the My Exetel or the Member facility login and not the Helpdesk login. https://www.exetel.com.au/my_exetel is where you can access or get the password recover. However to make things fast now, I will have a reset on your login and send it to your nominated mobile number ending with ......898.

I have received the SMS, and I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you have misunderstood me.

I WAS talking about my HELPDESK account.

My Member Facilities login was working fine; there was no need to reset it.
Never mind, I'll login to my Exetel User Facilities and change the password back again.

I need to recover the login for my HELPDESK account.

The Helpdesk asks for my email address, so I entered the primary email I gave you in the last PM, but the login fails.
I then click on the "Forgotten password" link, enter the same email address, and get an error that the email is not recognised.

However, as I have already explained, the last time I used Helpdesk was about 12 months ago, to resolve a problem with my VoIP service. I used the same primary email as I gave you in my last PM. I have used the same primary email for many years - since at least as early as 2012.

I need to setup a new HELPDESK login, using my primary email address.
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby KavindaS on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

csouter wrote:
However, as I have already explained, the last time I used Helpdesk was about 12 months ago, to resolve a problem with my VoIP service. I used the same primary email as I gave you in my last PM. I have used the same primary email for many years - since at least as early as 2012.

I need to setup a new HELPDESK login, using my primary email address.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused :( . Back to the same topic then. However i have received the response on what I have escalated originally about your helpdesk issue. As per to our system administration department, You just need to register the email/account again and then you will be able to see all the tickets with the recipient as your registered email address. I have checked based on their response now and it identifies the account and send the pin code. Did you re register the account from your end?
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby csouter on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 pm

KavindaS wrote:i have received the response on what I have escalated originally about your helpdesk issue. As per to our system administration department, You just need to register the email/account again and then you will be able to see all the tickets with the recipient as your registered email address. I have checked based on their response now and it identifies the account and send the pin code. Did you re register the account from your end?

Yes, thank you, I did manage to re-register and I can now see all my tickets, except for the very latest one, the reference number of which I now understand is an Exetel Billing internal reference, and is not visible in my Helpdesk account.

As I have had no further updates regarding that particular billing issue, I shall contact Exetel Billing tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, everything else in my account now seems to be working fine.

Thank you so much for all your help in this difficult and complicated matter!
Thanks and regards
Christopher Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
csouter

Postby KavindaS on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 am

csouter wrote:
KavindaS wrote:i have received the response on what I have escalated originally about your helpdesk issue. As per to our system administration department, You just need to register the email/account again and then you will be able to see all the tickets with the recipient as your registered email address. I have checked based on their response now and it identifies the account and send the pin code. Did you re register the account from your end?

Yes, thank you, I did manage to re-register and I can now see all my tickets, except for the very latest one, the reference number of which I now understand is an Exetel Billing internal reference, and is not visible in my Helpdesk account.

As I have had no further updates regarding that particular billing issue, I shall contact Exetel Billing tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, everything else in my account now seems to be working fine.

Thank you so much for all your help in this difficult and complicated matter!

Finally the good news is here and I was aware of the call you have made to the support department. I have escalated the forum login issue with our developers then and they were able to fix it with a simple database update. Great to hear that everything sorted now and feel free to alert us any time with future assistance.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Other