Battlefield 1 server disconnected

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Battlefield 1 server disconnected

Postby wsr2006 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 pm

hi there,

I've been experiencing a problem with Battlefield 1 where it disconnects from their servers after a few minutes into joining a game. Last weekend I had 2 days where there were no issues, but since then it disconnects pretty much straight after trying to connect.
The weird thing is that if I connect through a VPN I do not get the problem at all - another workaround that works fine is when I connect using a mobile hotspot. Both workarounds are far from ideal, using VPN has huge ping spikes, and using the mobile hotspot burns through my data allowance quickly.

Seeing the VPN and mobile hotspot work fine I don't think the issue is at my end. Any idea/suggestion on what the problem might be? Could it be a network setup type setting at the Exetel end? Cheers.
wsr2006

Re: Battlefield 1 server disconnected

Postby KavindaS on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:45 pm

wsr2006 wrote:hi there,

I've been experiencing a problem with Battlefield 1 where it disconnects from their servers after a few minutes into joining a game. Last weekend I had 2 days where there were no issues, but since then it disconnects pretty much straight after trying to connect.
The weird thing is that if I connect through a VPN I do not get the problem at all - another workaround that works fine is when I connect using a mobile hotspot. Both workarounds are far from ideal, using VPN has huge ping spikes, and using the mobile hotspot burns through my data allowance quickly.

Seeing the VPN and mobile hotspot work fine I don't think the issue is at my end. Any idea/suggestion on what the problem might be? Could it be a network setup type setting at the Exetel end? Cheers.

We may have to check this by escalating to level 3 engineers for possible latency issues. Therefore could you please forward us the below details by sending an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Game/Application - Battlefield 1
Platform - windows (version) or.... etc
Version of the Game -
Server IP -
Port numbers -
Exetel Service Number -
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Other