Logging in to members area using VPN

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Logging in to members area using VPN

Postby ohnjay on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm

I use a VPN service with several servers in Australia. When I attempt to log in to the members area while using the VPN, Exetel responds with a message saying that I am logging in from outside Australia. I have tried servers in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne with the same result. I have cleared cookies, which made no difference. Other sites (whatsmyip.org, duckduckgo.com etc.) correctly identify the server location.

Is Exetel misidentifying the VPN server location or is this a more general issue with logging in while using a VPN?
ohnjay

Re: Logging in to members area using VPN

Postby KavindaS on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm

ohnjay wrote:I use a VPN service with several servers in Australia. When I attempt to log in to the members area while using the VPN, Exetel responds with a message saying that I am logging in from outside Australia. I have tried servers in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne with the same result. I have cleared cookies, which made no difference. Other sites (whatsmyip.org, duckduckgo.com etc.) correctly identify the server location.

Is Exetel misidentifying the VPN server location or is this a more general issue with logging in while using a VPN?

VPN assigned IP address may have identified as a non Australian IP range, where we need to manually enable the access for my exetel portal. If you could drop me an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au from your nominated email id,with the relevant IP address that time (google what is my IP) and with your respective service number, I will provide the access and confirm back to you.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Other