Logging in to members area using VPN

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
ohnjay

Logging in to members area using VPN

Post by ohnjay » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm

I use a VPN service with several servers in Australia. When I attempt to log in to the members area while using the VPN, Exetel responds with a message saying that I am logging in from outside Australia. I have tried servers in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne with the same result. I have cleared cookies, which made no difference. Other sites (whatsmyip.org, duckduckgo.com etc.) correctly identify the server location.

Is Exetel misidentifying the VPN server location or is this a more general issue with logging in while using a VPN?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Logging in to members area using VPN

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm

ohnjay wrote:I use a VPN service with several servers in Australia. When I attempt to log in to the members area while using the VPN, Exetel responds with a message saying that I am logging in from outside Australia. I have tried servers in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne with the same result. I have cleared cookies, which made no difference. Other sites (whatsmyip.org, duckduckgo.com etc.) correctly identify the server location.

Is Exetel misidentifying the VPN server location or is this a more general issue with logging in while using a VPN?
VPN assigned IP address may have identified as a non Australian IP range, where we need to manually enable the access for my exetel portal. If you could drop me an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au from your nominated email id,with the relevant IP address that time (google what is my IP) and with your respective service number, I will provide the access and confirm back to you.

ohnjay

Post by ohnjay » Mon May 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Some time ago you fixed this problem for me and I have been able log on without an SMS code until recently. I now am back to the situation where I cannot log on unless I disconnect the VPN.

Can you please fix this for me again.

AroshJ
Exetel Staff

Post by AroshJ » Mon May 21, 2018 10:30 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:40 pm
Some time ago you fixed this problem for me and I have been able log on without an SMS code until recently. I now am back to the situation where I cannot log on unless I disconnect the VPN.

Can you please fix this for me again.
As advised please drop us an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au along with the requested details. Once done, this will be actioned and an update will be provided to the same thread.