What are the IP addresses used for Exetel NBN service?

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
piggypeanuts

What are the IP addresses used for Exetel NBN service?

Post by piggypeanuts » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm

I'm wanting to set up an external firewall between my Exetel PC and an external network. What are the public IP addresses/ranges when connecting to the Exetel NBN service?

I did try contacting support and they replied with "100.0.0.1 - 100.255.255.255", I assume they misread the question as this obviously isn't correct. My current public IP being 115.70.x.x

Thanks, Jay

judep
Exetel Staff

Re: What are the IP addresses used for Exetel NBN service?

Post by judep » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:38 pm

piggypeanuts wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm
I'm wanting to set up an external firewall between my Exetel PC and an external network. What are the public IP addresses/ranges when connecting to the Exetel NBN service?

I did try contacting support and they replied with "100.0.0.1 - 100.255.255.255", I assume they misread the question as this obviously isn't correct. My current public IP being 115.70.x.x

Thanks, Jay
Hi Jay,

Thank you for contacting Exetel via the forum, kindly PM your Service number, Customer ID or Reference Number so we can advise you on this matter.

Thanks.

piggypeanuts

Re: What are the IP addresses used for Exetel NBN service?

Post by piggypeanuts » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 am

I've followed up via email and received a different response:

"Kindly note due to CGNAT we are unable to provide you with an IP range .
For you to set up firewall , you need to opt out of CGNAT , if you give your consent we can remove you from CGNAT and provide you the static IP you'd be assigned with.
There's no added cost to this ."

So it seems that no IP range is possible, seems unlikely. But I assume Exetel know their system better than I do! :P