Exetel Dashboard Widget

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
Tamar

Re: Exetel Dashboard Widget

Post by Tamar » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Nice to see most have it working now. Some slight changes made to 0.15, please re-download.

Once it's stable I will think about how to handle overruns (thanks marcus.sg) and showing additional usage info (noted postglock). The pause on viewing is due to the download of usage data from exetel's servers, the animation itself is pretty snappy.

Sdevo the "unsafe composition" error may be specific to Tiger: http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2006/qa1505.html.

Tamar

Post by Tamar » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Fixed usage bar overrun (I think) and should now show amount over quota in red.

bingggo

Post by bingggo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:45 am

The previous version worked fine, but after following and installing the prompted update I just get the four blank information bars, and no 'i' to click on when hovering over the bottom right corner with my mouse...

Any tips?

Thanks!

mac-col

Post by mac-col » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:02 pm

Try rebooting your Mac. Worked for me.

Cheers

postglock

Post by postglock » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry, I think I was unclear. I realise that the animation takes a while, since it waits for the updated data to be fetched. What I thought might be a more informative solution would be if the bars could show the previously downloaded data, then replace that when the new data is downloaded. It just would be quicker, if all one wanted was a quick ballpark figure of one's usage.

I also find the full animation a bit distracting, especially when I open the dashboard every few minutes for the dictionary/thesaurus, but perhaps that's just me. Perhaps a future option to turn it off would be an idea?

Cheers!

narge

Post by narge » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:53 pm

I also had the blank-bars problem after installing 0.15. You don't need to reboot; just kill dashboard from the command line. It will restart automatically.

Code: Select all

killall DashboardClient

gsi095

Post by gsi095 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm

where is the "i" on the new widget, I cant locate it to sign in and use the widget?

Dave

danf

Post by danf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Tiger user here, unsafe composition.

Any link to the old version? Maybe not as pretty, but it worked :)

Tamar

Post by Tamar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Sure danf, old version located at http://tamham.com/exetel-meter/Exetel%2 ... 4.wdgt.zip.

Backwards compatibility with Tiger i not practical unfortunately, as numerous Quartz Composer features are Leopard only.

Tamar

Post by Tamar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 am

New 0.15 for download, dropped the animation for better layout:
http://tamham.com/exetel-meter/

postglock

Post by postglock » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:26 am

Nice one, thanks for the quick updates!

Cheers!

jcd

Post by jcd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Tamar wrote:Sure danf, old version located at http://tamham.com/exetel-meter/Exetel%2 ... 4.wdgt.zip.

Backwards compatibility with Tiger i not practical unfortunately, as numerous Quartz Composer features are Leopard only.
Might be worthwhile putting a warning about being for leopard only on your web page and leaving the link the old version for those of us still using Tiger.

Bye Jeff.

PS thanks for your effort in producing this useful widget.

danielp

Post by danielp » Mon May 04, 2009 3:43 pm

I've been using this app for some time. Great to see an update. I upgraded but the new widget does not let me configure it - the (i) symbol does not show up when I mouse over the app. It appears unresponsive and does not show up any useful date. Any ideas? I'm running OSX 1.5.6.

Thanks

Tamar

Post by Tamar » Mon May 04, 2009 4:11 pm

danielp wrote:I've been using this app for some time. Great to see an update. I upgraded but the new widget does not let me configure it - the (i) symbol does not show up when I mouse over the app. It appears unresponsive and does not show up any useful date. Any ideas? I'm running OSX 1.5.6.

Thanks
You may need to either quit the dashboard or log out then log in again.

danielp

Post by danielp » Mon May 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Tamar wrote:
danielp wrote:I've been using this app for some time. Great to see an update. I upgraded but the new widget does not let me configure it - the (i) symbol does not show up when I mouse over the app. It appears unresponsive and does not show up any useful date. Any ideas? I'm running OSX 1.5.6.

Thanks
You may need to either quit the dashboard or log out then log in again.
Thanks, restarted dashboard and it is now responsive.

sudo killall Dock