Page loading issues

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
ciscokid

Page loading issues

Post by ciscokid » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:30 pm

I noticed over the weekend that every website I now visit it takes about 10 mins to fully load the site.

What is happening when I click on any link the site loads up fine and down on the status bar of either FF or IE I always see the words transfering data from www.websitename.com (website name is substituted for the site Im visiting)

The curser on vista still has the round circle spinning around. I can still go to other places on the pages and web but just curious to what is going on.

The fault finding steps I have taken are as follows.

1. Done isolation test
2. fulshed dns, cleared cache, cookies and temp files
3. Virus and spyware scan (all clean)
4. tried new modem (same problem)
5. tried new pc never been on the net before (same problem)

I took my laptop to work and it's fine there but exhibits this same issue at home connection. My work is with netspace not exetel.

It appears it is either something in my connection or something in the exchange here as I have ruled out my equipment, by testing on another service.

When I try and view my own free webspace from my Exetel connection at home it takes up to 20 mins to fully load the page when only last week it used to be normal. I can load my free page from work instantly, so it's not the site with the issue.

Anyone got any ideas

sh0nky

Re: Page loading issues

Post by sh0nky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 pm

ciscokid wrote:I
The curser on vista still has the round circle spinning around. I can still go to other places on the pages and web but just curious to what is going on.
I have noticed the same.. This site is an example http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx

I am using XP

sh0nky

Re: Page loading issues

Post by sh0nky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:28 pm

sh0nky wrote:
ciscokid wrote:I
The curser on vista still has the round circle spinning around. I can still go to other places on the pages and web but just curious to what is going on
I have noticed the same.. This site is an example http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx
I notice it only happens when using Firefox for me. IE and Opera seem ok.

ciscokid

weird loading

Post by ciscokid » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Shonky,

mine seems to be on FF and IE, just a bit strange it started all of a sudden.

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Ive narrowed mine down to FF3.. no probs with other browsers.. Started about 2 days ago. Maybe earlier, i didn't notice sooner because the page appears to load as normal... Though the tab says diff lol

Im going to see if it fixes itself with the next FF3 build tonight ( ive submitted a bug report in case) Though with the issues being with diff browsers im stumped lol. Ill let you know how it goes.. If you manage to fix your issue id be interested to know how you did it :D

Regards Scott

ciscokid

page load issue

Post by ciscokid » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:36 pm

yes for sure,

I use FF 2.0.0.13 and IE 7

Will keep an eye on things and see what I can find out

The weird thing with mine is if I take my laptop which does it on my exetel service to my work and use it all is fine on a different provider

ciscokid

page issues

Post by ciscokid » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:29 pm

Browsing is now getting slower and slower. I can't even browse a site with IE all images just show the red cross instead of images.

FF loads but is painfully slow, takes up to 1/2 hr to load wwwlgoogle.com.au

I have tested modem and pc on my neighbours connection and they are fine and I have even tested his laptop on my connection and it gives the same issues as my pc does.

Is anyone else in the wagga area experiencing this?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:53 pm

ciscokid,
I note that you have tested your pc and modem on your neighbours connection and vice versa, seemingly narrowing the problem down to your physical connection. I can only suggest that you perform a long power cycle (turn modem off, wait about 30-40 minutes for the connection to reset at the exchange and then power back on). You can also post your sync stats (sync speeds, attenutation, and noise margin) so we can see if anything seems amiss.

Otherwise you may just wish to lodge a physical line fault (i.e. via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au). When you receive the first autoreply asking you to perform an isolation test, reply to the ticket stating that you have done that without success to get it examined in more detail by Exetel.

Edit: You could also try decreasing the MTU in your modem from 1492/1500 down to, say, 1400 to see if that resolves things

shonky,
Your issue is very likely to be with the nightly build of FireFox and not an Exetel related matter.