Accessing member area after churn

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
kudabird

Accessing member area after churn

Post by kudabird » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Hopefully a quick question which I couldn't find an answer too. How long after churn activation should I wait until I can access the members area. I changed the modem for ...@vic.exetel.com.au etc around 3 pm all OK but still not able to get into the members area.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:41 pm

It should already work. Use your service number only (full 10 digits) as the username, leaving off the @vic.exetel.com.au part. Then use your modem password for the password (10 digit number followed by first 2 letters of street name in capitals).

kudabird

Post by kudabird » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Note this is to gain access to the member area. The modem has connected OK using the details provided in the message when I placed the churn order.

To access the members area it says to use 10 digit telephone number for username and password as the password (for first login). No go; it just loops back as if I'm using wrong credentials. I also tried the modems password for the members area password without success.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Yeah. That sounds exactly right. By default:

Modem username
= <10 digit phone number>@<state>.exetel.com.au
Modem password = <10 digit phone number><first 2 letters of street name in capitals>
Member facility username = <10 digit phone number>
Member facility password = <10 digit phone number><first 2 letters of street name in capitals>

For old accounts, it used to be slightly different (hence some confusion):
Modem username = <10 digit phone number>@<state>.exetel.com.au
Modem password = <10 digit phone number><first 2 letters of street name in capitals>
Member facility username = <10 digit phone number>
Member facility password = password

But there is no reason why the above credentials should not work for you. Double check your caps lock for the password field. I'll ask for someone from Exetel to double check it from their end as well.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi kudabird

It seems there was a glitch in the system and your User Facilities password was not created. I have now created it for you so try again. Post again if you have any further problems.

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

kudabird

Post by kudabird » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Hmm, didn't think to try a blank password :-) Anyway, I've access to members area now. Many thanks.