ADSL 2 refused

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
mac-col

ADSL 2 refused

Post by mac-col » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 am

I was after ADSL 2 (perferably 'naked') but Optus doesn't support my exchange (Concord, NSW). Does Exetel not provide Powertel ADSL 2 anymore? Is there anyway of going ADSL 2 without changing ISP?

Thanks

silverbull

Re: ADSL 2 refused

Post by silverbull » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:55 am

mac-col wrote:I was after ADSL 2 (perferably 'naked') but Optus doesn't support my exchange (Concord, NSW). Does Exetel not provide Powertel ADSL 2 anymore? Is there anyway of going ADSL 2 without changing ISP?
Powertel were bought out by someone and it seems Exetel no longer use that kit. See this thread:
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=27650

James D

Post by James D » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:42 pm

The Powertel / AAPT services are not available through Exetel at this time.

bobcat

Post by bobcat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:21 pm

I too recently applied for "Naked" ADSL2+ and failed.

I was informed that there were already codes placed on my line which I found out belonged to iiNet (the wholesaler) which is why my application failed. If Exetel were responsible to installing these codes why can't they remove them as well? Jeremy told me the only way I could apply for "Naked" was to cancel my current service completely, wait 5-6 days for the codes to be removed then apply for the plan again, apparently about 22 days wait all up.

Can't this process be made smoother?

Can I confirm that your "Naked" plans only operate on Optus infrastructure? I've been told that I can't move to Optus in the past due to a problem at the sub-exchange level so potentially I could have gone almost a month without ADSL and then be told it was impossible on my line.

I would dearly love to stop paying Telstra $35 per month for nothing. Are there any alternatives using Telstra infrastrure?

Thx,
BC.