Cannot add email address to account on Cerberus

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
Thy_Zombie!

Re: Cannot add email address to account on Cerberus

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm

stu wrote:in case anyone is interested i logged a call re a billing issue with my HSDPA service ...

so i went to the helpdesk site and logged in .... and i yet again tried to add an email account
to the ticket ... i used an account external to exetel and it would not add it .. no matter what i did

so i just used an old exemail.com.au address i have an that worked fine.

it appears that the help desk system only takes @exemail.com.au addresses.
I was also able to replicate stu's findings... accepted internal (exemail) address but would not accept external email address. Actually, it does state that it successfully added the external addy but it fails to list the addy!

Could exetel staff please investigate this issue, as I would prefer to use external address. If external addresses are not supposed to be used, then I would suggest that this be explictly stated somewhere in the exetel helpdesk area. Thanx.

- TZ!

lingg

Post by lingg » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Please pm me your service number and the email address you tried to add

Thy_Zombie!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:11 pm

UPDATE: For those that venture into this thread seeking a resolution to a similar problem.

My particular issue has been resolved by lingg (thankyou lingg). Apparently my external email address was incorrectly registerd. Seemingly due to an ADSL service change. The only change to my service that I can attribute this to, was a change of phone number made on my account ~1 year ago.

- TZ!