Cannot add email address in Cerberus

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
Post Reply
camh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by camh » Sun May 03, 2009 11:31 am

I am trying to add my email address to my Cerberus account, but I am getting an error.

I have received the confirmation email, but when I enter the confirmation code (cut and paste from the email, so there should be no transcription errors), Cerberus tells me "ERROR: Confirmation failed. Please check your confirmation code."

I last tried adding an email address in June last year which did not work then either.

Does this work for anyone else? If so, whats so special about my account that this feature has never worked for me?

camh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by camh » Sun May 03, 2009 11:34 am

Hmmm, wierd stuff. I just received a second confirmation email with a different confirmation code. When I put in that code, I was told the email address was successfully added.

However, if I click on the "List my email addresses" link, my email address does not show up. Nothing shows up.

And I still cannot open a ticket. The mandatory field for email address has an empty drop down list.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 pm

You can also lodge a ticker by emailing residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, just include your service number along with your fault.

camh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by camh » Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Please consider updating the page at http://www.exetel.com.au/contact.php

It does not list emailing residentialsupport@exetel.com.au as a method for opening a ticket. It does have that email address, but just not as a method for creating a ticket under "Logging Service Issues With Exetel 24 x 7 x 365"

Likewise the page http://www.exetel.com.au/a_support_main.php does not show that email address at all.

SysAdmin

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by SysAdmin » Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 am

camh wrote:Hmmm, wierd stuff. I just received a second confirmation email with a different confirmation code. When I put in that code, I was told the email address was successfully added.

However, if I click on the "List my email addresses" link, my email address does not show up. Nothing shows up.

And I still cannot open a ticket. The mandatory field for email address has an empty drop down list.
I'm looking into this but I can't, as yet, provide an ETA. The bug does as you describe for a few goes and then, without any changes, decides to vanish and it all works. Makes it very hard to figure out what the problem is.

Andrew

camh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by camh » Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 am

SysAdmin wrote:I'm looking into this but I can't, as yet, provide an ETA. The bug does as you describe for a few goes and then, without any changes, decides to vanish and it all works. Makes it very hard to figure out what the problem is.
If it's any help, on my account I have never had it work, despite trying over a dozen times in the last 6-12 months.

I just tried again - I got the confirmation code and it was accepted, but the email address is still not listed on my account so I am still unable to raise tickets against my service using this facility.

uniacidz
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:06 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by uniacidz » Sun May 24, 2009 4:37 pm

I cannot also do this

It doesnt work.

We need to have a field where we can manually add a email address.

I need to send off a report t customer service with ping reports etc and how am i supposed to do this when the very field for customer service via the web doesnt work.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Cannot add email address in Cerberus

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun May 24, 2009 5:11 pm

uniacidz wrote:I need to send off a report t customer service with ping reports etc and how am i supposed to do this when the very field for customer service via the web doesnt work.
For now, just email residentialsupprt@exetel.com.au. Include the ticket number of the open issue if you have one otherwise, just make sure to include your service number

Post Reply