Fax to Email using external fax

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
kaiserdude

Fax to Email using external fax

Post by kaiserdude » Thu May 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I have recently purchased a SAMSUNG CLX3175FN which has Fax to Email capabilities. I have this linked up to my home phone which is acts as a fax / phone.

I have tried numerous times to get the setting right to forward this to my Exetel email without any luck, I keep getting a communications error.

Samsung support is no help as they say I do not have my ISP settings correct, so my question is can someone please confirm that I have the following correct.

This is what I have to fill out:

SMTP Server and Port : 58.96.114.165 and 25
SMTP Requires Authentication : YES

SMTP Server Login Name : myemail@exemail.com.au THIS IS THEADDRESS THAT I WANT THE FAX TO GO TO
SMTP Server Password : XXXXXXX (eg: my email password)

SMTP requires POP3 Before SMTP Authentication : YES

POP3 Server and Port : pop3.wa.exemail.com.au 110 (1-65535)

POP3 Server Login Name : myemail@exemail.com.au

POP3 Server Password : XXXXXXX (eg: my email password)

If anyone can help me where I am going wrong it would be much appreciated :D
Kaiserdude

JasonM

Re: Fax to Email using external fax

Post by JasonM » Fri May 29, 2009 2:12 pm

SMTP server should be smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au, port 25.
No auth required if you have it connected to your internet connection.

kaiserdude

Post by kaiserdude » Fri May 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks for that, but ut still doesn't seem to work.

As I have indicated a HOst Name it now and not a IP Address, it has asked me to fill out DNS servers eg: "Note: If Host Name is selected, the DNS Server Address should be mentioned in TCP/IP settings page".

I have done this as: Primary DNS Server - 220.233.0.4 & Secondary DNS Server - 220.233.0.3

The fax comes to my printer, but not to my exetel email. Oh and by the way I do have it set to foward faxes :?

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:45 am

Is it possible that the fax machine needs its own email address login, and not the email address you're receiving the faxes at?

Eg "my_fax@exemail.com.au" and then have the emails sent to "myemail@exemail.com.au"?

Remember you can have 20 emails for free with Exetel.

Another option, which doesn't answer your qestion but does solve your problem, Exetel's Fax2Email service is $1 per month for unlimited faxes and works very well.