eXetel SMS

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
alkaaby

eXetel SMS

Post by alkaaby » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 pm

I have the exeSMS application on my computer. When I first installed this application when it first was brought out, I used to be able to SMS my parents' "home landline telephone number", and it used to work. Recently I have noticed I am no longer able to do this which is a real pain. An error box comes up with this dialogue "SMS request rejected: Invalid Destination Number". Does anyone know why this is or why this was changed? Can this be brought back in to work?

JamesR

Re: eXetel SMS

Post by JamesR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

alkaaby wrote:I have the exeSMS application on my computer. When I first installed this application when it first was brought out, I used to be able to SMS my parents' "home landline telephone number", and it used to work. Recently I have noticed I am no longer able to do this which is a real pain. An error box comes up with this dialogue "SMS request rejected: Invalid Destination Number". Does anyone know why this is or why this was changed? Can this be brought back in to work?
How are you inputting the phone number? Have you tried the following format: 61<area code digit><phone number>? (e.g. 61298765432)
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

alkaaby

Post by alkaaby » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:50 pm

No, I have not tried it in this format, but I will try this next time and get back to you if this worked. Thanks.

psalm23

Post by psalm23 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm

I have emailed the following message to Exetel residential support:
[Today I have tried a few times sending SMS to Singapore, and each time got the message ”This message cannot be sent. The destination mobile number is not available.”
I then sent SMS to the same mobile number using other provider and was successful.
Can you let me know whether your system have a problem sending SMS to Singapore?
Looking forward to hear from you.]

Got an automatic reply [Please find that you ticket has been submitted to the Exetel Support Helpdesk.]

Not sure when I will hear from them again. In the meantime, has anyone got the same problem and is able to help?
Thanks in advance.

THOR

Post by THOR » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:57 am

I dont have exactly the same problem, but a problem sending sms to an overseas number, irrespective of whether I use the exesms program or from the exetel website.

The exetel website it says it has been sent, and subsequently the cost of sending, and yet the person on the other end has not received the sms. Over the past few days I have sent about 10 sms and not one has been received.

This system worked perfectly last week, but upon my return from overseas it no longer works. If I send an sms from my personal mobile, no worries.

Any idea of how or why, or would it be preferred I create a ticket as I am being charged for something that is unfortunately not working.

psalm23

Post by psalm23 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:07 pm

psalm23 wrote:I have emailed the following message to Exetel residential support:
[Today I have tried a few times sending SMS to Singapore, and each time got the message ”This message cannot be sent. The destination mobile number is not available.”
I then sent SMS to the same mobile number using other provider and was successful.
Can you let me know whether your system have a problem sending SMS to Singapore?
Looking forward to hear from you.]

Got an automatic reply [Please find that you ticket has been submitted to the Exetel Support Helpdesk.]

Not sure when I will hear from them again. In the meantime, has anyone got the same problem and is able to help?
Thanks in advance.
To send Internatonal SMS use the format without the International code but with country code, area code(without 0) and the number you are sending SMS to. Thanks Exetel Support, the problem is now resolved.

alkaaby

Post by alkaaby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 pm

JamesR wrote:
alkaaby wrote:I have the exeSMS application on my computer. When I first installed this application when it first was brought out, I used to be able to SMS my parents' "home landline telephone number", and it used to work. Recently I have noticed I am no longer able to do this which is a real pain. An error box comes up with this dialogue "SMS request rejected: Invalid Destination Number". Does anyone know why this is or why this was changed? Can this be brought back in to work?
How are you inputting the phone number? Have you tried the following format: 61<area code digit><phone number>? (e.g. 61298765432)

Hello James, today I tried to use the exeSMS the way you told me "as per above" 612<8 digit phonenumber>. It still has not worked. Any other ideas? Why is it not working anymore to landline phone numbers? Really inconvenient.

alkaaby

Post by alkaaby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 am

alkaaby wrote:
JamesR wrote:

Hello James, today I tried to use the exeSMS the way you told me "as per above" 612<8 digit phonenumber>. It still has not worked. Any other ideas? Why is it not working anymore to landline phone numbers? Really inconvenient.
Hello please any replies from Exetel Staff :( ???????

William M

Post by William M » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi alkaaby,

Due to the increased filtering of SMS messages by the Telstra Network in its effort to reduce SMS SPAM, landline numbers are now flagged as invalid destinations as delivery can no longer be guaranteed.

Cheers Will

alkaaby

Post by alkaaby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:37 pm

William M wrote:Hi alkaaby,

Due to the increased filtering of SMS messages by the Telstra Network in its effort to reduce SMS SPAM, landline numbers are now flagged as invalid destinations as delivery can no longer be guaranteed.

Cheers Will
That is a real shame. It was a convenient tool for me to have in an urgent situation, as I can write sms messages much quicker on my keyboard than on my phone. Regarding the SMS SPAM, what is the difference between sms'ing landlines or mobiles? And by the way then, how come Telstra has SMS capabilities on their landline handsets and this works to other telstra landline numbers - but this is also a painfully slow process, to type a message on their handset? That's a joke.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:23 am

Tel$tra is just being their usual anti-competitive pain in the arse. They don't want any non-Tel$tra customer sending or receiving SMS to landlines. They will throw up any excuse they can think of to say why it can't be done!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM