Joining exetel with an optus phone line

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
warennie

Joining exetel with an optus phone line

Post by warennie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm

hey i'm trying to get my sharehouse onto exetel (im an exetel user at my house, but were stuck on optus here)

We currently have a Optusnet MyHome Professional 30GB connection with an optus phone line.
I was filling out the application form to churn, and when ringing the 12722123 number to check my phone number was correct, it didnt work...
This is because that number is for Telstra landlines, the optus landline number is 1272312 which returns a correct result for our phone number.

So this scared me off a little during the application, can i apply using an optus phone number for naked ADSL2?

I figured this wouldnt be a problem since exetel runs over the optus adsl2 infrastructure in victoria.

Also using the exetel phone number check it returns a correct result of the Collingwood exchange.
However, TPG and Whirlpool number searches returned an incorrect result of Broadmeadows.

So can you put my fears to rest? Or will we need to acquire a telstra connection first?

many thanks, Will.

thejeg

Re: Joining exetel with an optus phone line

Post by thejeg » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 am

Hi warennie,
warennie wrote:hey i'm trying to get my sharehouse onto exetel (im an exetel user at my house, but were stuck on optus here)

We currently have a Optusnet MyHome Professional 30GB connection with an optus phone line.
I was filling out the application form to churn, and when ringing the 12722123 number to check my phone number was correct, it didnt work...
This is because that number is for Telstra landlines, the optus landline number is 1272312 which returns a correct result for our phone number.

So this scared me off a little during the application, can i apply using an optus phone number for naked ADSL2?

I figured this wouldn't be a problem since exetel runs over the optus adsl2 infrastructure in victoria.

Also using the exetel phone number check it returns a correct result of the Collingwood exchange.
However, TPG and Whirlpool number searches returned an incorrect result of Broadmeadows.

So can you put my fears to rest? Or will we need to acquire a telstra connection first?

many thanks, Will.
If you are using the Optus copper network we should be able to provide you the service within 3 ~ 4 working days :wink: if everything goes well.

Cheers,
Tj :)

Can Huynh

Re: Joining exetel with an optus phone line

Post by Can Huynh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Hello,
When I fill in the application form for "NF12/IclTel" , I found that my phone is NOT working with number 12722123. But it does work with 1272312. I rang to Optus Technical Support and they said I am on Optus copper line.
Should I tick the following line in the form or leave it blank ?

(5) Please TICK THIS BOX to indicate you have CONFIRMED you currently have a ACTIVE AND WORKING TELEPHONE SERVICE.

In this case, could you advise me the down time that I should expect for the change over ? 1 day, 2 days, .., 1 week ???

Thanks,