Naked ADSL and existing home phone number

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
humpda

Naked ADSL and existing home phone number

Post by humpda » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:00 am

Hi
A couple of days before the end of November I initiated a change to naked dsl NF/22NOTEL from my previous plan NF/22INCTEL. According to my account settings in the Exetel site I am still on NF/22INCTEL. Under the change service status it indicates "Active". I recently received my invoice from Exetel which has me billed for the NF/22NOTEL plan. I also ticked the option to have my old pstn number ported to VOIP for incoming calls for an one off fee of $15, however when I try to ring it I get a message that the number is disconnected. So I guess I have a couple of questions:

a) How long does it take for the transition to naked to occur?
b) How long does it take for the old pstn number to be ported to VOIP and if there has been a problem with this (Eg the invoice I received makes no mention of the $15 fee for this service) how do I rectify the situation. (My wife will kill me!!!!) :shock:

Appreciate any feedback people can provide.

Cheers

humpda

Re: Naked ADSL and existing home phone number

Post by humpda » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:25 am

Hi
Ok so I figured out the phone number issue...turns out the number had been ported but I was just too stupid to realise I needed to change the settings in my router. :oops: Looks like transition has been processed and all ok.....