Time taken to restore service

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
qwerty

Time taken to restore service

Post by qwerty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm

I was on holidays two weeks ago when my service dropped out. I reported the fault ten days ago. Since that time I have had innumerable recorded messages that inform me that my problem exists and attempts are being made to restore it. I have spoken to many different techs over the phone, i have done isolation tests, resets and equipment checks. I have taken my modem to other sites to make sure it is not faulty. I have done everything I can but am now rapidly losing patience. Has anyone else experienced this level of delay in restoring service? I have always been a happy exetel customer, and the access to phone help is terrific-the inability to fix a problem is very frustrating.

JasonM

Re: Time taken to restore service

Post by JasonM » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Please PM your service number to me.

qwerty

Post by qwerty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Internet service restored at 5:20 this afternoon. Yeeha - in touch with world again. In the end it was a telstra line issue.
Thankyou exetel- it would be great if it didn't take so long next time.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 pm

The length of the issue is best described below:

- 19/01, You log issue.
- 19/01 - 21/01, testing is done.
- 21/01, We escalated issue.
- 22/01, Telstra claim it's been resolved with reprogramming.
- 22/01, Another Telstra case is created, closed on the 25/01 after a tech claims no fault found, EU NIA.
- 28/01, We escalate yet another case (who'd have thought Telstra need to be told the same thing 3 times.. ) and they resolved the issue that afternoon.