Too many drop outs and extremely slow past week

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
HeatherK

Too many drop outs and extremely slow past week

Post by HeatherK » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:03 pm

The Internet has been extremely slow for the past week and I can't even get YouTube videos to start playing, I'm always "waiting....waiting...and waiting" and just give up. :roll:
The frequent drop outs are an issue too. For instance, I just tried to submit this topic 5 minutes ago but was interrupted by a drop out so had to do it all over again. :x

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Too many drop outs and extremely slow past week

Post by Dazzled » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:13 pm

The cause of drop outs is usually local, that is, from the local exchange, the line, or your equipment at home. Most modems log them. To get some idea of your phone line, could you post the line status as recorded by your modem?

Exetel has a page here - http://www.exetel.com.au/c_dropout.php
Last edited by Dazzled on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Too many drop outs and extremely slow past week

Post by jokiin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 pm

HeatherK wrote:The Internet has been extremely slow for the past week and I can't even get YouTube videos to start playing, I'm always "waiting....waiting...and waiting" and just give up. :roll:
The frequent drop outs are an issue too. For instance, I just tried to submit this topic 5 minutes ago but was interrupted by a drop out so had to do it all over again. :x
if you open a support ticket they'll step you through some basic troubleshooting you need to do to establish where the problem is, it could be external to where you are but often the problems do exist on the customers side, going through the process of elimination will help you to find the problem and either fix it or determine where the problem is so it can then be sorted