Change default video viewer

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
Tafkam

Change default video viewer

Post by Tafkam » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 am

I've been downloading podcasts for Uni but I accidentally set the wrong program as the default. I set NeroVision instead of Nero Showtime, so of course they won't open. The ones I can actually download to my HDD open fine in whatever I want them to open in, but the ones just labelled "watch" on the Uni website try to open to the one I set as default. If I right click on the "watch" link there's no option to choose a different program. I'm using Windows XP. Please help!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Change default video viewer

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm

So you are talking about changing / resetting a web browser file type association?

Which browser? Because most have a tab under settings that enables you to clear associations with programs that you have set in the browser.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Tafkam

Re: Change default video viewer

Post by Tafkam » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks for your reply Corey...it's OK, I sorted it out. As it turns out, I had to install iTunes and the podcasts open automatically in them. I did manage to change the browser settings though, in Tools/Options/Applications.