SMS via HSPA fone

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
herosade

SMS via HSPA fone

Post by herosade » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Hello.

im currently using a windows 6.5 phone and i have set up the JAR. program on my fone. and when i trie to send it keeps saying unable to send msg's due to connection problem. or loggin problems. but both are 100% correct i have got internet and it is online, my details are all correct and the program has got access to the net. any ideas?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Post by jokiin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 am

not familiar with the program you're using, I have it setup on my iPhone and can use Exetel SMS no problem, the fields I needed were user name, password and the display number (my mobile number), initially I didn't get it working as I hadn't added the display number, I realised the problem once I'd had a look at the SMS API document though, have you seen that, maybe some clues there that can help you troubleshoot

herosade

Post by herosade » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 pm

i have read throught that, right now im using the exeSMS jar.file on my sony erricson xperia and everytiime i try to send a message it says connection failer please check ur connection adn try again.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm

herosade wrote:i have read throught that, right now im using the exeSMS jar.file on my sony erricson xperia and everytiime i try to send a message it says connection failer please check ur connection adn try again.
sorry I haven't tried that particular software to know where to look, do you have internet access active before you begin, not familiar with your model phone either but I know on some phones it won't prompt a connection (or can be set to not prompt at least), the please check your connection message does sound as though there might be something access related to check

herosade

Post by herosade » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 am

yes i have requested my phone to allow Internet access to this program. the program iam using is from this link http://www.exetel.com.au/files/ExeSMS.jar.

may i ask what program do you use on your iphone. thankyou

MCCMikey

Post by MCCMikey » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:57 am

For the last week or two the ExeSMS on Symbian reports an error sending even though it sends the message. Just a heads-up in case you're trying to use something similar.

Exetel fixed it once, but then broke it a week later and left it broken.

herosade

Post by herosade » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:05 pm

use it worked b4. it says connection failer, but the message still sends, but now it doesnt send anymore. iam using windows 6.5 mobile

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:14 pm

herosade wrote:yes i have requested my phone to allow Internet access to this program. the program iam using is from this link http://www.exetel.com.au/files/ExeSMS.jar.

may i ask what program do you use on your iphone. thankyou
I'm using vPhone which is compatible with Exetel SMS, I think you'll find the Exetel iPhone app that's coming will also do this

herosade

Post by herosade » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:04 pm

i just purchsed vphone, unfortunelty its in SIS file, it doesnt work for my fone. i will have to wait for he's reply how i can get it to work for windows mobile.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:54 pm

herosade wrote:i just purchsed vphone, unfortunelty its in SIS file, it doesnt work for my fone. i will have to wait for he's reply how i can get it to work for windows mobile.
sounds like you got the wrong version

herosade

Post by herosade » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:59 pm

okie they have sent me a ALPHA version of this program for windows. in exetel settings it says API_Id wat do i put in here?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm

herosade wrote:okie they have sent me a ALPHA version of this program for windows. in exetel settings it says API_Id wat do i put in here?
not sure, it sounds different to the settings in the iPhone version