Page 1 of 1

SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 pm
by herosade
Hello.

im currently using a windows 6.5 phone and i have set up the JAR. program on my fone. and when i trie to send it keeps saying unable to send msg's due to connection problem. or loggin problems. but both are 100% correct i have got internet and it is online, my details are all correct and the program has got access to the net. any ideas?

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 am
by jokiin
not familiar with the program you're using, I have it setup on my iPhone and can use Exetel SMS no problem, the fields I needed were user name, password and the display number (my mobile number), initially I didn't get it working as I hadn't added the display number, I realised the problem once I'd had a look at the SMS API document though, have you seen that, maybe some clues there that can help you troubleshoot

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 pm
by herosade
i have read throught that, right now im using the exeSMS jar.file on my sony erricson xperia and everytiime i try to send a message it says connection failer please check ur connection adn try again.

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm
by jokiin
herosade wrote:i have read throught that, right now im using the exeSMS jar.file on my sony erricson xperia and everytiime i try to send a message it says connection failer please check ur connection adn try again.
sorry I haven't tried that particular software to know where to look, do you have internet access active before you begin, not familiar with your model phone either but I know on some phones it won't prompt a connection (or can be set to not prompt at least), the please check your connection message does sound as though there might be something access related to check

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 am
by herosade
yes i have requested my phone to allow Internet access to this program. the program iam using is from this link http://www.exetel.com.au/files/ExeSMS.jar.

may i ask what program do you use on your iphone. thankyou

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:57 am
by MCCMikey
For the last week or two the ExeSMS on Symbian reports an error sending even though it sends the message. Just a heads-up in case you're trying to use something similar.

Exetel fixed it once, but then broke it a week later and left it broken.

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:05 pm
by herosade
use it worked b4. it says connection failer, but the message still sends, but now it doesnt send anymore. iam using windows 6.5 mobile

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:14 pm
by jokiin
herosade wrote:yes i have requested my phone to allow Internet access to this program. the program iam using is from this link http://www.exetel.com.au/files/ExeSMS.jar.

may i ask what program do you use on your iphone. thankyou
I'm using vPhone which is compatible with Exetel SMS, I think you'll find the Exetel iPhone app that's coming will also do this

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:04 pm
by herosade
i just purchsed vphone, unfortunelty its in SIS file, it doesnt work for my fone. i will have to wait for he's reply how i can get it to work for windows mobile.

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:54 pm
by jokiin
herosade wrote:i just purchsed vphone, unfortunelty its in SIS file, it doesnt work for my fone. i will have to wait for he's reply how i can get it to work for windows mobile.
sounds like you got the wrong version

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:59 pm
by herosade
okie they have sent me a ALPHA version of this program for windows. in exetel settings it says API_Id wat do i put in here?

Re: SMS via HSPA fone

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm
by jokiin
herosade wrote:okie they have sent me a ALPHA version of this program for windows. in exetel settings it says API_Id wat do i put in here?
not sure, it sounds different to the settings in the iPhone version