Rapidshare claims I'm downloading when I'm not

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
frugalest

Rapidshare claims I'm downloading when I'm not

Post by frugalest » Mon May 10, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm trying to download a file from rapidshare.com but it's giving me the error message:

"Already a download from your IP in progress!"

... then a timer counts down, tries again to start the download, only to give the same message. This continues in circles indefinitely.

I know I can change my IP address to fix it. But I'm concerned if it keeps on happening I'll soon run out of free IP changes. Does anyone know if there another way to fix it?

Cexitime

Re: Rapidshare claims I'm downloading when I'm not

Post by Cexitime » Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Are you using Jdownloader?

You can only download as a free user every 1 hour, and thats the error message it will give.

frugalest

Post by frugalest » Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 am

Yes, that's right, Jdownloader. I've downloaded multiple files in a row many times from rapidshare over the last few weeks. But that was the first time it's given that message.

I ended up changing my IP. Since then I've again downloaded several files in a row with no probs. I don't think I'll ever find what the problem was exactly. But it was something to do with one 100MB file it was downloading that got "stuck" about the 50% mark. I "reset" the file (which as you would know deletes it and is then supposed to begin downloading from 0MB again). But then it started giving that error message - for an entire day - before I finally gave in and changed my IP.

Thanks though...

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri May 14, 2010 2:13 pm

You can only download so much per I think 1 or 3 hours if your a free user then it shows some unrelated error message usually with a timer.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8729259527 (during low neighbourhood congestion)

Cexitime

Post by Cexitime » Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm

it depends on the file size as to how long you have to wait for the next one.