Change of Naked Plan

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
AndyCake

Change of Naked Plan

Post by AndyCake » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm probably a little slow on the uptake here, but could somebody confirm my understanding of how to change from an old Naked ADSL 2 plan? I am on an old plan (NAK2A) and out of contract (bascially paying $50/month for 6G peak, 60G offpeak). Am I correct in assuming I can just select change plan (to plan ONA) and not much else will change, except the cost and my download limits? I don't think I'd bother with the wireless back up. I still can make VOIP calls without selecting an additional VOIP add on package either, right?

Apologies, I am just a bit confused as there only seem to be naked plans offered via Optus for new customers.... I originally came from a Telstra connection and on a Telstra line before starting my current plan, but obviously don't have either a Telstra or Optus account anymore. .

So, am I getting this right, it's just that easy? Also, is this plan (ONA) only available to existing customers, I can't find it on the main residential info page.

Klaas

Re: Change of Naked Plan

Post by Klaas » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 am

The plans you are able to change to will be displayed if you log in to your members facilities, and click on change plan.

The page will show what plans are available to you, what, if any, the plan change fee will be, and what, if any, new contract you may need to enter into.

Once you decide which plan to move to, simply click on the button, and wait until the following month for it to come into effect.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 pm

AndyCake wrote:I am on an old plan (NAK2A)...
Am I correct in assuming I can just select change plan (to plan ONA) and not much else will change, except the cost and my download limits?
Correct. NAK2A to ONA is purely a billing change.
AndyCake wrote:I still can make VOIP calls without selecting an additional VOIP add on package either, right?
This part, I'm not sure about because I don't use VOIP or Naked. Exetel removed the bundled freebies a while ago, so you'll need a VOIP service but it appears that there are $0 minimum monthly spend post paid VOIP plans that you can attach to your service and simply pay for calls. What do you have now as part of your NAK2A plan under VOIP services in your member facilities?
AndyCake wrote:Also, is this plan (ONA) only available to existing customers, I can't find it on the main residential info page.
http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php has it
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

AndyCake

Post by AndyCake » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks Klass, I had spotted that part in the menus, was more interested in how it might affect my contract/billing.

My application to change plans is still pending.

Re: VOIP Stuff. My original plan included 100 free VOIP calls, which was originally done away with . Now I just get charged the 10c per national call. I don't have any additional service packs. I'm hoping this is what will happen on the new plan as well - i.e. I just pay for VOIP as I use it. I only make about 10 calls a month at most anyway.

If not, will post back and let people know.
I did spot that, but was not 100% it applied to me, since it was under the Optus section of the website. Given I originally came through on Telstra infrastructure, I wasn't sure if there would be a problem. Perhaps the Naked plan should also be shown under the Telstra part of the ADSL2 plans so that people know it is available to them too?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 pm

AndyCake wrote:Given I originally came through on Telstra infrastructure, I wasn't sure if there would be a problem. Perhaps the Naked plan should also be shown under the Telstra part of the ADSL2 plans so that people know it is available to them too?
Naked plans are provided through Optus infrastructure, not Telstra, so they are not available to everyone.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au