How to find out naked DSL number or connection details

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
gstark

How to find out naked DSL number or connection details

Post by gstark » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:32 pm

My sons are also Exetel customers, and share a house in a Sydney's inner west.

Unfortunately for them, one of the boys - the one with the details of the account - is currently in NZ (yes, Christchurch, and unable to be contacted), while back here in Sydney, the modem has quietly decided to do a factory reset, losing all of the login details.

And thus leaving my second son with no connection!

Is there a way that he can find their connection details so that he can put them back into the modem?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: How to find out naked DSL number or connection details

Post by Dazzled » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Assuming they haven't changed the default password, for the internet connection, see http://www.exetel.com.au/new-user-information.php (Connecting to Exetel)

If he has a VoIP service, he will have to log into the user facilities for the VoIp server password - it's listed there.

gstark

Post by gstark » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks, but ...
Dazzled wrote:Assuming they haven't changed the default password, for the internet connection, see http://www.exetel.com.au/new-user-information.php (Connecting to Exetel)
This requires the landline number .... which, as I said, is not currently available, due to #2 son being uncontactable in NZ.

If he has a VoIP service, he will have to log into the user facilities for the VoIp server password - it's listed there.
They do, but again I don't think the password will be available, because it is made up using the phone number which is not known, but which we are trying to find out.

Or else I'm missing something in your post ...

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 pm

If he doesn't remember the previous phone number you are in a fix. Ask if any electronic invoices have been saved. He could write to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, preferably using the registered contact email address, and explain the problem, and include the address and enough information to verify he is the account holder.

IanS

Post by IanS » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Note sure if this will help, but you can plug in a standard phone into a naked service and dial 1800 801 920.

This will give you the service number for that line. This service number may be what you need, or at least give Exetel a starting point to identifying your particular service

I've used this on an Optus based naked service with another carrier

gstark

Post by gstark » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks.

That's the sort of thing I was hoping to find, but it didn't work.

Oh well.

Son #2 returns from Kiwiland today, so problem should now resolve itself,