Offpeak speed slow

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
ForumAdmin

Re: Offpeak speed slow

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am

thomashouseman wrote:Hmm, well then....

could you kindly ask Optus to keep up their end of the bargain with their backhauls as they're not up to scratch in the offpeak hours!

Or ask every other ISP that uses Optus as well to work on their hills and troughs too please? :)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

Exetel has absolutely no influence with Optus, or any other provider for that matter, on how they provision their network.

If you check the mrtg reports for your State/service type do you see any contention.

If you don't then Exetel cannot do anything to address the problem you are experiencing.

If you do then our bandwidth monitoring/ordering processes are not working correctly.

brent0r

Post by brent0r » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:28 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Exetel has absolutely no influence with Optus, or any other provider for that matter, on how they provision their network.

If you check the mrtg reports for your State/service type do you see any contention.

If you don't then Exetel cannot do anything to address the problem you are experiencing.

If you do then our bandwidth monitoring/ordering processes are not working correctly.
Speed is now back to slow since the last week. According to the state bandwidth graph there is still plenty of room left. Somewhere along the internet path I am being throttled/controlled, whatever you like to call it. All hosts which I download from have the same response. 230-240kb/s is pretty much as fast as things go.
And it is seriously like clock-work. It's now coming up 1130am, at 12midday the floodgates open and I'm back to full line speed.

So its being slowed at the exchange for some reason, this reason is EVERY day starting at the precise time offpeak starts and ends. Which I find hard to belive, if it was local congestion surly I would get squirts of speed rather than clockwork throttling. Correct?
How on earth would one get this problem fixed?

brent0r

Post by brent0r » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Can someone please look into my account and see if I am being throttled in anyway? At the moment I don't feel the reliability of my internet connection is fair. Some kind of thorttling is in place as when 12:00:01 comes speeds increase 10 fold. It is only the start of the month, I have downloaded less that 4gig and am being slowed? I have been with exetel a good 6 months now but if this doesnt get fixed soon I will sadly move on. What annoys be is that I don't want to leave, the service is great when it works and I am very happy with voip. Should I waste my time ringing technical support or should I simply start packing my bags? :(

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:03 pm

brent0r wrote:Can someone please look into my account and see if I am being throttled in anyway?
Email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for this
brent0r wrote:Should I waste my time ringing technical support or should I simply start packing my bags? :(
I don't see the point of "packing your bags" if you haven't tried via Exetel support first. But I'd suggest you email, or log a support ticket (see sig) instead of ringing
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au