changing the landline phone number

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
greenforestfairy

changing the landline phone number

Post by greenforestfairy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 am

Hi, my current land line phone number has been getting a lot of wrong number calls lately so Telstra has arranged to give me a new phone number from next Wednesday. As I'm not very technically minded I'd appreciate any advice about what I need to do to keep my internet and voip services operational, just as they are. I'm a happy pioneer member who would like to keep that status if possible... all the best, Carol.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: changing the landline phone number

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:17 am

Hmmm, I'm not completely sure either, but there is definitely a chance that it will affect your ADSL codes. I would contact residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to get their response.

If you lose the pioneer discount, it can be reinstated by an email to the same address after the changeover
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

greenforestfairy

Re: changing the landline phone number

Post by greenforestfairy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks Corey, I'll do that, and in the mean time somebody else might have some more clues. Cheers!