Cant order domains

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
gondy

Cant order domains

Post by gondy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am

Hi - I'm trying to order two domains (.org.au, and .net.au) for a not for profit organisation (I'm a director). I keep receiving a massage "Cannot order this domain for you. Please try another one...". Exetel Support (hosting@) have emailed asking me to send my user account details as well as my account password (which seems really odd :| ) so that they can check my account!

Can anyone else advise if there's a problem ordering domains?

Also, the form asks for a phone number is +61 format, but requires a double digit area code which isnt really intuitive these days.

Thanks
Pete

PS And yes, both domains are, in fact, shown as being available to be registered 8)
That's my 2¢, which these days gets rounded to zero!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Cant order domains

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 am

gondy wrote:Exetel Support (hosting@) have emailed asking me to send my user account details as well as my account password (which seems really odd :| ) so that they can check my account!
This is incredibly odd practice, completely indistinguishable from malicious phishing attempts.

I will try to bring this whole thread to someone's attention
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

gondy

Post by gondy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 am

Thanks Corey. Email is attached. I would assume any authorised person at Exetel would be able to access the appropriate info!
Attachments
Exetel Hosting.jpg
Copy of Email Received
Exetel Hosting.jpg (104.4 KiB) Viewed 1304 times

JanakaDS
Exetel Staff

Post by JanakaDS » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 am

gondy wrote:Thanks Corey. Email is attached. I would assume any authorised person at Exetel would be able to access the appropriate info!
Please find that I've replied your email with the solution. Please reply back the same email once you've submitted the application correctly.
You may contact our Helpdesk on 0280301000 with the ref#:3364986 if you need any assistance.

SysAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
gondy wrote:Exetel Support (hosting@) have emailed asking me to send my user account details as well as my account password (which seems really odd :| ) so that they can check my account!
This is incredibly odd practice, completely indistinguishable from malicious phishing attempts.

I will try to bring this whole thread to someone's attention
It's not a practice but an error. My apologies for its occurrence. Moves are being made to make sure it does not reoccur.

Andrew

gondy

Post by gondy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks all (Corey, Andrew and Janaka)

All fixed.

I note the solution was to, "Please enter your fax number with only the correct area code(ex:02-NSW). Do not include '61' in the beginning."

Just be aware that the form comes pre-filled with 61 in the beginning! :? So it's not really intuitive. The same with the phone number field showing +61, then you are expected to enter a two digit area code ie 02, or the application is rejected.

Maybe there could be some text next to the entry fields to indicate the format of the response, ie 61 xx xxxx xxxx and remove the 61 from the fax field if you dont actually want it. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again
Pete
Attachments
Exetel Hosting 2.jpg
Exetel Hosting 2.jpg (105.48 KiB) Viewed 1267 times