Additional IP addresses

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
ImmuneJam

Additional IP addresses

Post by ImmuneJam » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi,

I have 2 PC's with two copies of Battlefield 3 trying to access same servers and co-op. I am unable to port forward to two PC's so I have read that it could work without the latency issues of VPN if I had additional IP addresses.

Do you offer this service and does this seem like the best course of action. I am open to advice from anyone.

Regards,

Damian

CLoSeR

Re: Additional IP addresses

Post by CLoSeR » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 am

You do not need to configure port forwarding to join remote servers, it may only be required if you wanted to host a server.

There should be no issue with your two workstations joining the same remote BF3 server without any specific modem configuration.

As for additional IP addresses, this is something which can be supplied but its usually for hosting/business purposes and is absolutely not required for what want. Ideally your modem is performing port based network address translation allowing multiple devices behind your modem to communiate independantly.

Can you provide more detail on your modem brand/model and how your workstations are connected.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/