calling service

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
rickxs

calling service

Post by rickxs » Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 am

just a question on the calling card service or is it known as Voip on this forum?
anyway its know as' Calling card service' in my member section & where I go to recharge it . I noticed when I called Brisbane last week my amount balance was counting down to zero on the call
i thought this was strange ,must be a 1 off, so did a recharge & happened to check the rates tab & was supprised to see''3 cents per min'' for calls around Australia to fixed lines :shock:
how long has this been the way as it was always 20c for any length of time --- I have received no mention of this by email even though I subscribe to all Exetel emails

Thank you for a reply

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Re: calling service

Post by EromalR » Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 am

rickxs wrote:just a question on the calling card service or is it known as Voip on this forum?
anyway its know as' Calling card service' in my member section & where I go to recharge it . I noticed when I called Brisbane last week my amount balance was counting down to zero on the call
i thought this was strange ,must be a 1 off, so did a recharge & happened to check the rates tab & was supprised to see''3 cents per min'' for calls around Australia to fixed lines :shock:
how long has this been the way as it was always 20c for any length of time --- I have received no mention of this by email even though I subscribe to all Exetel emails

Thank you for a reply
We have changed the calling card charges. Kindly note that calling card charges are subject to change anytime without notice. For further information please check this link http://www.exetel.com.au/calling-card-info.php for more information on local call charges, please click on the link named 'Click here for National Rates'.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Eromal, I suspect that rickxs may be referring to an early VoIP service, where customers paid a sum in advance and could use their PSTN to make long distance VoIP calls via Exetel. The cost for this was 10c per call. There was a variant where someone not even a customer could make a VoIP call, using a call-back service. Is this still operational? I know I still have a few dollars credit in my call-back account, even though it is years since it has been used.

rickxs

Post by rickxs » Mon May 28, 2012 12:44 pm

ok thanks for that , seems strange i got no notification of it though seeingIi spend money on it
I think its always been called calling card service but this forum only shows a sub forum for VOIP or have i missed something