Connection issues

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
xvart

Connection issues

Post by xvart » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 pm

I am having issues with steam and "league of legends" I can't connect to LOL and I have issues with steam, I can do all things from work ok which is IINET it's only at home on exetel that the issue occurs.

Any idea's.

udara
Exetel Staff

Re: Connection issues

Post by udara » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:22 pm

xvart wrote:I am having issues with steam and "league of legends" I can't connect to LOL and I have issues with steam, I can do all things from work ok which is IINET it's only at home on exetel that the issue occurs.

Any idea's.

Hi xvart,

I had a look at you connection and I cannot see anything particularly wrong with it .
However I have done a reset to the port at the exchange , would you please be able to have alook at the connection and let us know if there is any improvement :)
I have also created a ticket for future reference (Ticket ID: 5487333)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

xvart

Post by xvart » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks for that, it's a real weird problem, at work (IINET) I can login to LOL fine and steam works as well, but from home LOL fails every time, this all used to work and I have made no changes to my network.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanks for that, it's a real weird problem, at work (IINET) I can login to LOL fine and steam works as well, but from home LOL fails every time, this all used to work and I have made no changes to my network.
Hi xvart,

Could you please let us know the IP address of the server where this game has been hosted?
Please perform a ping and a trace route to that IP address and send us the result to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so that we can investigate on this further.
Make sure you quote the reference number 5487333 in your email :)

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:25 pm

If the server is one shown here: http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=64.7. ... xt=netref2 it may be problematic. There is a list of possibilities here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=1938554

xvart

Post by xvart » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Ok

This looks like some spook ware on the remote end has decided I'm an anonymous proxy and hence all connections coming from my server machine are bad.
I had an answer query session with HON and this is finally what it seems to have come down to.
The simple yet annoying answer to all this seems to be that on a machine you want to do anything from don't run a TOR exit relay as you get blacklisted, thanks to all the copywrite freaks out there for this piece of joy.