Has anyone a fix for the error message which appears after Windows 7 starts
that states "Windows cannot connect to the group policy client service etc".
I am anxious to correct this malfunction and thank in advance for any assistance.
All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Volunteer Site Admin
- Posts: 5922
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
I haven't experienced it, and I'm purely basing some analysis off of Google research, but some things that might help to know:
- Was the system working fine, and then this error message just started appearing, or has it always appeared? If it just appeared, is there a System Restore point you can restore to?
- Is this computer on an Active Directory network (i.e. corporate network) or is it a standalone machine?
- Is the Group policy client error restricted to one particular user profile? Have you tried creating a new (temporary) profile to see if the issue recurs?
- Have you tried a hard drive scan for bad sectors? You can do this by running an elevated Command Prompt (right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator) and running the command "SFC /SCANNOW"