Star Wars: The Old Republic - Opening Ports for better play

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Opening Ports for better play

Postby RandomState on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Dear Exetel Support Guys and or Gals,

As you may or may not be aware, EA in their infinite wisdom have elected to shutdown the AP Star Wars: The Old Republic servers and move all us aussie gamers to the US servers for "A Better Play Experience". This move has badly debilitated my ping times on the Exetel service. Friends who play on other ISP's have reported significantly better response times. My play experience is similar to that of EVE Online several years back when you opened up access to the EVE server IP address to prevent shaping and speed packets through. From my examination the following IP address range and ports need to be prioritised...

159.153.64.0/20 Ports 8995 20000-30000 (In practice the game appears to start low on the port numbers 200xx and then add to them each time you reconnect.)

Port 443 is also used in this range, but I assume traffic on this port is not shaped. The servers seem to be assigned an address dynamically in this range after each downtime, so the IP address of any one server is not fixed. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
RandomState

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Opening Ports for better p

Postby Meshal S on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:04 am

Hi There,

We have created a ticket and sent you an email - ticket 6909902 - please respond accordingly.
Meshal S
Exetel Staff

Return to Other