2 phone lines in with Business Bundle

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
sticks.ian

2 phone lines in with Business Bundle

Post by sticks.ian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:54 pm

My wife would like to get a second phone line into her business.
They currently have a Small business bundle which runs on the optus network and I was informed that we can't have 2 lines coming through on the same number.
Does anyone have any idea on how I can achieve this? Can I do this using VOIP?

Any help would be appreciated!!

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: 2 phone lines in with Business Bundle

Post by stevecJ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:47 pm

sticks.ian wrote:My wife would like to get a second phone line into her business.
They currently have a Small business bundle which runs on the optus network and I was informed that we can't have 2 lines coming through on the same number.
Does anyone have any idea on how I can achieve this? Can I do this using VOIP?

Any help would be appreciated!!
Hi,

One of our sales representatives will look in to this advise you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Re: 2 phone lines in with Business Bundle

Post by Bellag » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi,

In order to setup a second telephone line, you need to have an additional vacant copper pair running into the premises. Once you place an application for a PSTN service with Exetel we will check with our supplier whether a vacant line is available. The activation charge will depend on the work that Exetel’s supplier determines that is required to connect your telephone service.

1 A working telephone socket exists from a previous connection and a Telstra technician is not required to visit your property or premises. - $59
2. A previous telephone service existed at your premises and a Telstra technician is required to visit your property / premises to reconnect existing suitable cabling at the distributor and / or the first socket - $120
3. New telephone line connection - a telephone service has not previously been connected at your property or premises (although we may have previously installed cabling to your property or premises and you may be able to hear a dial tone); or Telephone line connection with a technician visit with cabling work - a previous telephone service existed at your property or premises and a technician is required to visit your property or premises to install and / or work on the cabling up to the first socket in the property or premises - $299

The standalone Business PSTN plan details can be viewed via this link: http://www.exetel.com.au/business_plan_ ... w.php#pstn

Alternatively, you can sign up for a SMB VoIP service. Since you currently have a SMB data service with Exetel you will be eligible for the SMB Bundled VoIP plan which offers a better value. You can activate one of the free DID's provided with the plan and utilize the allowed call value on the plan of your choice.

SMB Bundled VoIP plan details can be viewed via the link: http://www.exetel.com.au/smb-voice-main.php#voip

In order to set up the VoIP service, you will require to use either one of the following methods:

1. Purchase a VoIP enabled modem and plug in a regular telephone handset to make/receive VoIP calls. You can purchase this modem from a third party hardware store or through Exetel. The current modem we have on offer can be viewed on our hardware store: https://www.exetel.com.au/modemorder/index.php

2. Buy an ATA device which is compatible with your current modem and plug in a regular handset through the ATA to your modem.

3. Use a VoIP Handset - The ones that are currently available with Exetel can be viewed : https://www.exetel.com.au/modemorder/index.php

Hope the above options are clear, if you require further information or would like to apply for one these services, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 8030 1002 (Option 1 for SMB sales)