PS4 Connection issues

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

PS4 Connection issues

Postby manwe on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:38 am

So I've been having an issue with my PS4 staying connected to the internet. Its probably not exetel related, but I need somewhere for advice and perhaps it does inter relate with the exetel network in some way.

Anyway, the past 3-4 days my PS4 has been suffering from near constant internet connection dropouts. It connects to the internet for what seems like 3-5 minutes at a time loses connection (timeouts being what the PS4 reports) and then after a while reconnects. Which means downloading anything, online gaming, or streaming anything is near impossible.

The PS4 networking testing tool doesn't show up anything. I've tried wired and wireless networks to rule out either a dying network cable or some wireless issue.

And hooking my PS3 back up to the same network shows that it gets a stable network connection just fine.

So I guess its a PS4 hardware issue, but that confuses me given its intermittent nature and the fact that even when it loses connection to the internet I can ping its IP address just fine so its not like the interface is intermittently dying.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what to try before I try and ring Sony support on Monday?

Are there any other PS4 owners around here? anyone having similar issues?
manwe

Re: PS4 Connection issues

Postby EroshanJ on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Could you PM your service number? So I could do some basic checks from our end :)
EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Postby manwe on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:26 pm

EroshanJ wrote:Could you PM your service number? So I could do some basic checks from our end :)

Sure.
manwe

Postby EroshanJ on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:49 pm

I have conducted some tests in your connection and found no possible issues/faults in the line.

Your modem is training in a good speed and maintaining a stable connection. You may contact us by quoting the reference 7665932 if you need more info regarding your connection.

Hope this helps to rule out the root cause :)
EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Postby manwe on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 pm

EroshanJ wrote:I have conducted some tests in your connection and found no possible issues/faults in the line.

Your modem is training in a good speed and maintaining a stable connection. You may contact us by quoting the reference 7665932 if you need more info regarding your connection.

Hope this helps to rule out the root cause :)

Thanks.

Yeah. Shame I don't have a spare router so I could swap that out to rule that out. Though if its only one device I can't see how how it would be a router issue.
manwe

Return to Other