Net Usage Item issues, yet again

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Net Usage Item issues, yet again

Postby Tafkam on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Here we go again. A few days ago my net usage item conked out, just a red circle with a cross through it. The error message was "parsing error (S4)". In the past when this has happened, I've reverted to an older version of the add-on, 1.2.310 and it's always fixed the problem, but not this time.
Upon mouseover, the message says "ISP error occured: 404 not found (S12)".
So I reinstalled the newest version, and now it says I'm up to 99% of my usage, even though my Exetel usage page says 57%. If I mouseover the thing now, there's a list of details, the name of the plan etc, but it's saying I have a limit of 5000 for usage, and that should be 50000, as it's 50gb .

Also the right-click option to visit the ISP usage page doesn't work. And actually, I just tried to go there from the Exetel website and it didn't work either. It says "redirecting to member's facility" then a blank page with "["Postpaid",0,null,0]" in the corner.

Does anyone know what's going on?
Tafkam

Re: Net Usage Item issues, yet again

Postby Dazzled on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:45 pm

You'd really have to look at the meter code Tafkam. The new web site is still flawed, and your meter might be trying to scrape it. The XML meter is functioning OK in my experience - even my old and un-updated Gnome meter is still running properly.
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Postby Tafkam on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks Dazzled...do you mean the new Exetel page is still flawed? Can you tell me where I find those other types of meters?
Tafkam

Postby Dazzled on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm

My antique is at viewtopic.php?f=303&t=32481 - you'll need your Linux box. I know people still use it. There are others for Windows or Firefox around as well.
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Return to Other