Path of Exile disconnection issues in prime time

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
Col.Firefly

Path of Exile disconnection issues in prime time

Post by Col.Firefly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi guys,

I've recently started having issues playing Path of Exile during AU prime time (~5PM-11PM). I commonly get booted from town instances with 'Unexpected Disconnection'.

Now, I know that your links are getting slammed by Netflix atm so I thought that maybe you have cranked up the P2P throttling and inadvertently affected Path of Exile because of the ports that it connects on.

The AU gateways are au.login.pathofexile.com, au2.login.pathofexile.com and au3.login.pathofexile.com. The destination port is 6112, which is also used by Blizzard Downloader (P2P) among others so it seems like a possible cause.

I had a similar issue a while back with Rift, but it has a HTTP alternate port so blocking the standard outbound did the trick. No such luck here, blocking outbound 6112 never allows connection. Same timeframe too, 5PM to 11PM was crap, then it 'magically' starts working again afterwards.

PoP is Werribee exchange, Victoria.
Nothing ever lasts. The important thing is that it works while it lasts.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Path of Exile disconnection issues in prime time

Post by stevecJ » Fri May 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Col.Firefly wrote:Hi guys,

I've recently started having issues playing Path of Exile during AU prime time (~5PM-11PM). I commonly get booted from town instances with 'Unexpected Disconnection'.

Now, I know that your links are getting slammed by Netflix atm so I thought that maybe you have cranked up the P2P throttling and inadvertently affected Path of Exile because of the ports that it connects on.

The AU gateways are au.login.pathofexile.com, au2.login.pathofexile.com and au3.login.pathofexile.com. The destination port is 6112, which is also used by Blizzard Downloader (P2P) among others so it seems like a possible cause.

I had a similar issue a while back with Rift, but it has a HTTP alternate port so blocking the standard outbound did the trick. No such luck here, blocking outbound 6112 never allows connection. Same timeframe too, 5PM to 11PM was crap, then it 'magically' starts working again afterwards.

PoP is Werribee exchange, Victoria.
Hi ,

Could you PM or email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with your service details so that we could look in to this for you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================